Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork’s Marketing Automation team is responsible for lifecycle marketing, marketing operations, and maintaining and evolving Upwork’s expansive stack of marketing technology. The Marketing team relies heavily on technology to execute impactful campaigns that grow the use of our work marketplace by both independent talent and clients and provide the insights needed to improve performance. We’re a technology-focused department that continues to evolve and expand our use of technology. The Technical Marketing Manager will report directly to our head of Marketing Automation to build and maintain an innovative, efficient, and impactful martech stack for the company. You will be joining at a pivotal time as we're making big infrastructure improvements to support the next phase of the company’s growth.Your Responsibilities:
- Become an expert in and super admin of tools managed by the Marketing Automation team, including: Tealium, Braze, and others
- Manage the audience segmentation in Tealium, ensuring data is flowing as required and the segmentation evolves with the business by adding new data points and segments
- Manage the data flowing into Braze via API, ensuring the Lifecycle Marketing team has the data they need to dynamically populate communications
- Integrate data between marketing technologies to personalize our customers’ experiences and assist the Marketing team with utilizing first party data to fuel their initiatives
- Stay curious and close to the needs of the Marketing team, in order to evolve the available data and segmentation to support new campaigns
- Keep a pulse on current vendors, including feature releases and current usage, and make recommendations for how to better utilize existing technologies
- Partner closely with Engineering, Data Platform Services and Analytics to maintain and evolve the data pipelines and integrations leveraged by the team
- Manage the Marketing technology suppliers currently contracted by Upwork, processing renewals, cancellations and working with vendors to resolve
- Experience using Tealium, Segment or a similar tag management or customer segmentation tool
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical marketers
- Demonstrated ability to distill marketing campaigns into technical requirements for Engineering or other technical team members
- Experience managing technology vendors and vendor relationships
- Strong project management, organization, and attention to detail skills
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.