Technical Marketing Manager at Trail of Bits (Remote)
Trail of Bits helps secure the world's most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, our team has worked on some of the most innovative software projects millions of people use worldwide. We help the best companies in the world — Epic Games, Google, Microsoft, Zoom, and others — with their most complex security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques, and reviewing the security of the latest available products before they hit the market.
Our team considers developing and sharing our knowledge as a natural part of doing business. We push to publish every tool or project so the public — not just our clients — benefit from our expertise and innovations. It's a practice that's earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
Trail of Bits is looking for a technical storyteller, capable of conveying technical details in an engaging manner across multiple mediums. This role will sit on the marketing team and is key to helping increase TOB’s reach and impact in the industry. The ideal candidate will be able to execute strategies that enhance our brand's presence at the forefront of the industry, engage our target audience, and communicate the value of our tools and security services to our existing and potential clients.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive content marketing strategy aligned with TOB’s brand, voice, and organizational goals.
- Produce diverse digital content representing Trail of Bits as industry leaders across various media platforms including podcasts, newsletters, social media content, videos, live streams, and blog posts.
- Produce pre-sales materials to support sales and client success teams.
- Develop training materials for sales, customers, and partners.
- Collaborate with technical writers and editors to ensure high-quality marketing content and deliverables.
- Drive content-driven promotional campaigns to support tools, service offerings, and ongoing internal and external projects.
- Lead the competitive research to identify key competitive advantages of our tools and services to deliver them to sales, customers, and partners
- Collaborate with sales and engineering teams to identify service offering gaps based on competitive analysis
- Identify new marketing opportunities based on competitive research and data.
- Coordinate leadership and engineering participation in media appearances, interviews, podcasts, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Represent our brand, services, opensource tools, and industry position at conferences, in webinars, and at partner events
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Marketing in cybersecurity
- Proficiency in articulating complex technical concepts with a focus on customer outcomes.
- Strong background in communications or journalism with a proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills and trade show experience.
- Experience writing and editing technical documentation and operational procedures.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Strong customer advocacy mindset
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities, considering broader business implications.
The US estimated base salary for this full-time W2 employee role is $130,000-$180,000 not including bonus and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, location, and employment type. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, include but not limited to work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Highlighting some of our US & Canadian Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with 5% company matching.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- Moving expenses to NY: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers & above.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of PTO per year for vacation, sick, and personal time off.
- 15 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.