Strategic Marketing Initiatives Associate at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about driving alignment, increasing efficiency, and executing strategic planning.
This is an opportunity for a hungry self-starter to learn the inner-workings of a high-performance marketing team that’s dedicated to driving self-service revenue and community engagement. Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Marketing Initiatives, you will help run department operations as you gain exposure and contribute to our three groups within marketing: Revenue Marketing, Product and Programs, and Content and Communications.
This associate will play an integral role in helping with the day-to-day upkeep of the department’s financial and communication infrastructure, incorporate data-forward feedback to increase efficiency/process, and serve as a guiding light for team goals. The ideal candidate is a strong collaborator and effective communicator with a passion for driving excellence—you’re a jack of all trades and every week will bring new challenges to conquer!What You’ll Be Doing:
- Budget: Track and maintain department spend, assist with requests and justification for additional resources, own invoice approval process, regularly attend meetings with Finance/Accounting to review actual and forecasted spend
- Meeting Organization: For monthly department all hands and twice yearly department summits—assist with collection, organization, and presentation of content, as well as own both live and on-demand experiences
- Swag: Inventory management/planning across the entire organization, manage budget and requests, oversee full production from concept through to shipment
- Department Comms: Update and maintain internal intranet presence for department, assist with department newsletter updates
- Strategic Department Planning: Help interpret engagement results and implement items on action plan to address engagement gaps, measure success of initiatives and follow-up with senior department leadership
- Team Engagement: Own quarterly brainstorming, planning, and implementation of teambuilding activities for the department in partnership with the CMO’s executive assistant
- 3rd Party Resources/Tools: Maintain department list of contractors/vendors/tools, review regularly to onboard/offboard as needed, work with Legal to bring on new vendors
- Department Onboarding: Own the department’s onboarding program to help increase new teammate’s productivity, decrease their time to meaningful contribution to their teams, and create opportunity for new connnections
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Intense attention to detail—you already spotted the typo in the last bullet of the previous section
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing (high-growth tech company a plus)
- Proven experience organizing and directing various projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Professional presence and experience interfacing with leadership
- Highly collaborative and enjoys working with people
- Strong listening skills with a humble approach to learning
- Grounded in customer service with a team-first mentality
- Problem-solving and finding creative solutions brings you joy
- Excellent reputation for integrity and judgment
- Can-do attitude! You’ll hit the ground running and you’re excited to make an impact, no project is too big or too small
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!