Strategic Growth Manager I at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Strategic Growth Manager’s (SGM) mission is to create raving fans and successful restaurants. The SGM team is responsible for the majority of Toast’s live customer base and will work with customers proactively on a one to many basis, instead of directly owning accounts.
The SGM role is a programmatic, highly cross-functional contributor with a strong ability to analytically assess the needs of a large and growing customer base against a range of business driver impacts. Strategic Growth Managers will proactively engage accounts through various methods based on data driven triggers & drive exponential value for our customers by having informed engagements at critical moments in the customer journey. The SGM team excels at identifying gaps and issues in the customer lifecycle & proactively addresses these areas across the SMB segment in order to reduce risk and drive growth. Individual SGMs are able to leverage data and product knowledge to drive increased ongoing usage across products and create positive customer experiences.
Strategic Growth Managers will help drive new workflows to improve the SMB customer experience & help to define and improve Toast internal processes. This role will work strategically with the Sales, Customer Care, Post Live Services, Product, Customer Marketing and Finance teams, as well as Toast leadership across the company as the voice of our SMB customer segment.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Drive proactive engagement with SMB customers through data driven triggers
- Identify customer needs & apply product knowledge to push solution
- Leverage various methods of manual outreach to increase engaged customer connects
- Run effective conversations with customers and thoroughly record daily work using internal systems
- Recognize trends in data and from customer conversations, test repeatable solutions, and apply a findings in a scalable method
- Work cross functionally with Marketing & Customer Care to ensure SMB segment continues to grow & thrive
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years account management or sales experience required
- Experience providing technology or SaaS solutions to a client base a strong plus
- Strong communication skills with customers
- Must be able to proactively drive customer value with some management oversight
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and able to adapt to shifting processes
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Incredibly detailed oriented
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Experience in leveraging data querying technologies (Looker) to make decisions
- Experience working in the restaurant industry a strong plus
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-departmental collaboration skills
- Highly motivated, passionate over achiever, team player, facilitator
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.