Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Staff Product Marketing Manager who will play a critical role supporting Checkr’s SMB and self-serve business–from bringing new products to market, influencing what we build to launching in market, and driving awareness and adoption of our screening services and background check platform features.
This is a position for someone who’ll thrive seeing their vision come to life, has analytical chops but is also strategic with positioning and messaging. If you enjoy working cross functionally with marketing, sales, solutions, product, and are comfortable with wearing multiple hats every once in a while, this might be for you.
- Develop the high-level product positioning and messaging for Checkr features and screening services.
- Lead the product launch process, managing cross-functional implementation and post-launch measurement/retrospectives demonstrating impact
- Understand and support our sales and growth marketing teams; train teams on the problems we solve for our buyers in this segment; develop internal tools and external collateral and enable them on how and when to use it – playbooks, call scripts, and presentation decks
- Conduct customer and market research to support the overall go-to-market strategy, identify new business opportunities, conduct pricing analysis, and assess market demand.
- Be a key enablement partner on our product and competitive differentiation, creating deliverables such as platform/feature overview decks, competitive battlecards, and messaging guides.
- Work with the product team to influence the product strategy and roadmap, based on market demand, competitor intelligence, and customer insights.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of PMM experience.
- Prior experience bringing new solutions to market, ideally for a B2B SaaS product
- Experience working for a high-growth, PLG (product-led growth) company
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and the ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points
- Strong project management skills, ability to inspire cross-functional teams (from an executive-level to individual contributor-levels), spearhead complex plans, and present with ease to wide-ranging audiences, including internal stakeholders, webinars, trainings, and industry events
- Experience with market segmentation analysis, market sizing, and strategy development
- Highly effective listening and critical thinking skills with deep customer empathy
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environments, juggle multiple initiatives successfully and show adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on with a bias for action
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $155,338 - $180,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.