Sr. Social Media Manager, (Distribution & Growth) (Remote Work From Home) at Freedom Financial Network (Peninsula)
Sr. Social Media Manager (Distribution & Growth)
Freedom Financial Network
We are looking for an innovative, strategic, and driven Sr. Social Media Manager who will manage our social media channels to build brand awareness and deliver broad distribution that will drive acquisition and growth of our suite of financial services. You will be responsible for developing a playbook for a pipeline of breakthrough, shareable, on-brand content that will drive significant organic reach and significantly expand our audience. You will improve consumer engagement and consideration through targeted content production and distribution around social proof, educational content, and advocacy programs. You will mobilize our customers and follower communities to authentically tell their stories. And you will find creative ways to insert our brand into the daily conversation about the financial challenges everyday Americans face.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for social media and a relentless thirst for developing content that grabs target consumers’ attention, drives engagement, and delivers performance. You are an expert in existing social media channels, plus you are constantly learning about emerging platforms and how to leverage them. You are strategic, creative, data-driven, and you love to experiment and iterate to find what works.
- Manage our social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, etc. Seek out emerging platforms where we can engage and activate our target audience.
- Develop a pipeline of breakthrough content to drive brand awareness, broad organic distribution, and follower growth. Test aggressively, identify a playbook, and optimize content to drive virality.
- Expand our social audience by developing compelling content to increase followers and engagement. Mobilize employees, current customers, followers, and brand ambassadors to promote and amplify content.
- Build a client advocacy program to engage customers and amplify their voices on owned and earned channels. Collect, curate and amplify relatable, authentic customer stories and integrate UGC across organic and paid media.
- Develop relevant, newsworthy content to insert our brand into conversations around consumer finances and debt. Promote content via organic social media and owned channels.
- Develop educational content that addresses consumer questions and handles objections with transparent, authentic, and credible “how-it-works” content. Leverage customers and virtual event/town hall strategies to drive consideration.
- Promote media coverage, executive leaders, case studies, testimonials, awards and accolades, and corporate content in organic/owned channels.
- Support internal comms and employer branding initiatives with employee-facing content to promote employee engagement, retention and recruitment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as journalism, media, writing, or production.
- 5+ years relevant experience in paid/earned social media marketing and creative development.
- Demonstrated success leveraging social media to drive organic growth. Well-versed in social media platforms strategy, best practices, functionality, technology, and algorithms.
- Relevant social media experience in consumer financial services a plus – in banking, lending, debt solutions, or fintech.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills -- written and verbal.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- You are a great team player, with a positive collaborative spirit and a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude.
- Some management experience, or ready to take the next step in developing a junior social media manager.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.