Sr. Media Relations Strategist - Hybrid at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL)
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
The Sr. Media Relations Strategist will lead media relations and reputation strategies and implement corresponding tactics including media outreach, press strategy, corresponding internal and external communication initiatives, community outreach, thought leadership media and spearhead awards program. Serve as the lead on public relations and narrative development, including ensuring strategic alignment with business goals and building and maintaining relationships with key national publications, reporters, and organizational executives. Identify and coordinate proactive media opportunities. Identify and coach thought leaders in the organization as well as create content based on research, data, personas and product/member journeys. Manage relationships with outside PR firms and report on the performance of media efforts. Serve as the primary contact for media and respond to media requests. Manage social media interactions and campaigns for increased coverage by writing and reviewing press releases, pitches, case studies, white papers and media summaries. Serve as member of the crisis communications team. Protect and promote the brand online and with various stakeholders.
- Identify proactive press opportunities and write press releases, secure bylines and speaking engagements, and develop new story angles
- Manage relationships with PR firms as well as build and maintain relationships with contacts at key national, regional and local publications and cultivate new strategic relationships
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for media outreach at conferences and events
- Segment media outreach dependent on outlet and topic (industry, mainstream, national, regional, local) with a focus on being able to localize national stories
- Drive thought leader media presence and strategy
- Report on performance of media initiatives and advise and help drive needed pivots to strategy
- Craft media, reputational and media metrics report with focus on actionable insights
- Create strategy and content for reputational award submissions
- Draft press releases, media pitches and press outreach strategies
- Maintain listings on third-party websites and monitor online chatter and sites to protect the brand.
- Manage and direct member communications
- Set effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of media outreach, public relations efforts, communications campaigns and awards program and analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Monitor trends and best practices in digital communications and tools
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Communications, Journalism or Related
Years of Experience:
- 8 Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or Related
In Lieu of Education:
- 12 years in Public Relations
As a thank you for joining our team, you'll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive compensation plan
- Gym memberships discounts
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k with immediate employer match and vesting
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
The responsibilities listed do not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.