Sr. Marketing Operations Manager at Dutchie (Remote)
Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
We’re looking for our first Sr. Marketing Operations Manager, who will set and implement the vision for seamless, collaborative workflow within Dutchie’s fast-growing Marketing department. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and has a passion for building from scratch, autonomously driving development of core internal team processes. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, you will lead the process of annual department planning, balancing the north star objectives for the business with key initiatives and contributions from each individual to establish clear, measurable OKRs and headcount proposals. You will ensure the marketing team has the right tools, systems, communication channels, and templates to operate as a well-oiled machine, maximizing efficiency as we scale. As the first Marketing Operations hire at Dutchie, this role provides an opportunity to make a material impact on the business outcome for Dutchie -- furthering our mission to create safe and easy access to cannabis.
What You'll Do
- Establish operating model for the Marketing department, including development of comprehensive processes (i.e., new project intake process, project prioritization decisioning framework, brief template, creative development and approval steps, launch announcement best practices, post-launch performance tracking system, post-mortem guidance, etc.)
- Lead quarterly/annual department planning including development of Marketing’s OKRs, headcount plans, and management of multi-million dollar budget; oversee pacing of spend and initiatives against established KPIs to ensure we’re tracking as planned to goals
- Audit tools used day-to-day by Marketing to streamline tech stack, solving for existing tracking gaps, and identifying opportunities for automation; develop tools training for all team members
- Work closely with Growth Marketing and Sales Ops to continuously improve the quality of our infrastructure, funnel tracking, and our lead and pipeline handoff process
- Establish optimal communication channels and forums for frictionless collaboration within the marketing team; drive inside-out communication on key Marketing Team updates to cross-functional partners and executive leadership
- Support development of workback schedules for major campaigns, ensuring key milestones and stakeholder reviews are scheduled for on-time launches and resourcing blockers are removed
- Help develop and nurture team culture, from social events/offsites to talent development and management, building a sense of belonging and cohesion in a virtual environment
What You Bring
- 6+ years of relevant marketing operations experience; Bachelor’s degree required
- Track record of driving end-to-end marketing planning processes for large organizations, including OKR development and tracking, headcount planning, and budget management
- Understanding of the marketing funnel and sales lifecycle, with ability to implement new processes for collaboration and MQL handoff to Sales
- Impressive project management skills, with experience developing detailed marketing project schedules and managing complex initiatives to deliver high-quality outputs on time and on budget
- Stellar communication skills, synthesizing complex and comprehensive information into succinct, digestible communications for stakeholders of all levels; effectively drive change management communications to transform Marketing as we scale
- Hands-on experience with common Marketing and CRM tools including Salesforce and HubSpot (bonus points for experience with Google Analytics and JIRA)
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excitement to build from scratch, while navigating ambiguity in a rapidly evolving industry and fast-growing company
- Bonus: Experience taking a Series B or later startup to the next stage of growth
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.