We are looking for a Senior Marketing Analytics Manager for our Marketing Science team in Dania Beach, FL. The role offers a great opportunity for professional growth with the leading online pet retailer in the US. With access to a wide variety of data across the organization, you will have the opportunity to influence the decision-making process and the marketing strategies for existing customers and marketing.
In this role, you will focus on (a) developing analytical frameworks to address business problems across different merch categories (Consumables, Hardgoods, Healthcare, etc.), customer behaviors, lifecycle segments, promotions, offers, etc. (b) surfacing growth opportunities and validating the hypotheses through experimentation, measurement and analysis using statistical methods and machine learning models (c) improving the lifetime value of our customers by using different customer relationship management efforts, (d) optimizing the performance of marketing channels
Committed to value-creation, you will work with the cross-functional stakeholders as a thought partner and guide them in their decision-making process using data as your north star. You will support various initiatives using structured analyses and data to help your counterparts form opinions and help them develop strategies to take the company forward through bespoke targeting, product offering, value propositions, marketing placements, messaging, and content. Supporting company’s growth agendas with speed and accuracy, you will lead the design of experiments across various life stages of customers and products to maximize the overall value for Chewy's and its customers and make our business grow through permanent learning.
You will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with senior leaders, and own deliverables end to end. You will think strategically, develop insightful analysis, communicate findings concisely to senior leaders, work effectively as part of a cross-functional team, and tame big data.
What You'll Do:
- With a deep understanding of business drivers and an innate grasp of the key business metrics, you pro-actively interact with the stakeholders within the business teams and support them on prioritized initiatives through data-driven experiments at scale, and analytical exercises (preliminary data analysis, machine learning model development, detailed data analysis, financial analysis and recommendations)
- You drive strategic insights on customer behavior (engagement RFM, retention, product-mix, sales, etc.), customer needs (pricing, product, convenience, experience, etc.), and existing/new propositions (loyalty programs, sales campaigns, discounted offers, etc.) across various membership types and marketing channels
- You create insights, detailed analyses, experiment design and measurement, forecasting, and model development exercises for various business objectives - such as maximizing the share of wallet, the lifetime value, and the operating profit, optimizing the campaigns, programs (Autoship, Promotions, Loyalty, etc.) while minimizing the overall churn
- You use the data science and engineering to leverage new and existing machine learning models and help scale their usage across multiple use-cases
- Using your business acumen and key insights, you proactively explore new areas of opportunities to drive Chewy's value and growth goals forward and coordinate with the key stakeholders to prioritize and lead the changes to production
- You create and automate new and existing reporting, forecasting, and simulations
- You proactively monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and work across the organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders
What You'll Need:
- Graduate degree, preferably MS or PhD, in Engineering, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in the areas of Strategic Analytics, Business Intelligence, Business Economics, Data Science, or Consulting
- Strong theoretical and functional understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts and experience in employing these concepts to solve business problems at scale using Python, R, SAS, etc.
- Strong experience in spearheading or supporting business initiatives through data-driven decision frameworks, in particular through the conception, execution, and measurement of experimental A/B plans
- Hands-on experience in developing data-driven products (ML models, forecasting tools, etc.) and scorecards, and sharing business recommendation and their financial/customer impact with the stakeholders
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment and managing priorities among multiple projects
- Expertise in scripting languages (such as SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc.) and the tools (such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required to perform analysis
- Experience in developing visualization tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Shiny, etc., and analytics/presentation.
- You enjoy working in a team of highly engaged individuals, and you have a passion for data science and KPIs, but also for delivering analysis of highest quality
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities for business improvement, defining and measuring the success of those initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to dig into the “why” of various results and present data driven insights and recommendations
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to multi-task and work under firm deadlines within a rapidly changing environment
- Passion for data (and fearlessness in the face of a data tsunami) and obsession to use it to drive value for customers and business
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and be persuasive and caring with a wide range of diverse, cross-cultural audiences
- Communication skills must be as polished in person as they are over video- or audio- conferences
- Ability to thrive in complex business environments defined by uncertain, incomplete, or limited information and evolving targets Comfortable finding (or building) common ground to drive his/her agenda
- Strong at handling urgencies, constrains and prioritizing deliveries
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]