Sr Manager, SEO at Vacasa (Remote)
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Digital at Vacasa
We make things happen—we learn and grow together. In our line of work, no one can know everything, but everybody knows something. Experimentation is table stakes. We fail fast, learn faster, and iterate rapidly.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced SEO professional to join our digital marketing team and lead our SEO efforts. The right candidate will be a proven leader with extensive experience in all aspects of SEO including technical analysis, content marketing, website management, onsite optimizations, and offsite strategies.
This is a management position that will also be very active in day to day execution of initiatives. Reporting to the Sr Director of Digital Marketing, this position will be an instrumental leader of the marketing team helping set our strategy for SEO and beyond. Success in this role requires a diverse set of skills across SEO, marketing, team leadership, and project management.
What you’ll do
- Lead our SEO team in both strategy and implementation efforts
- Coordinate with other members of the marketing leadership team to collaborate, set quarterly priorities, and build the team
- Conduct large scale technical site audits of vacasa.com, our other owned web properties, and competitors
- Daily and weekly monitoring of our websites using various crawling tools and GSC
- Oversee landing page strategy, creation, and optimization
- Partner with our content team on all web content creation including keyword research, document briefs, metadata, and onsite optimization
- Be responsible for the oversight of 200+ Google My Business profiles
- Manage our local membership strategy and link building efforts
- Work with our acquisitions and content teams to audit acquisition web properties, build appropriate content on vacasa.com, and set up 1x1 redirects
- Partner with our product and engineering teams on product roadmaps and technical SEO optimizations
- Reporting and analysis
- Project and task management
Skills you’ll need
- Minimum 5 years of experience in search engine optimization
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role
- Proficiency in HTML, JSON-LD schema markup, social tags, and metadata best practices
- Deep understanding of keyword research best practices and tools, consumer intent, and on-page optimization
- Expertise in search engine indexing, crawling, and ranking factors
- Understanding of Google algorithm updates and corresponding impacts on the SERP
- Experience with a variety of tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moz, Deepcrawl, Screaming Frog, Wordpress, and Conductor
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
$100,000 - $140,000 DOE
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.