Sr. Manager, PR & Communications at Candy
Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for a vibrant Sr. Manager, PR & Communications to join the marketing department here at Candy. This person will be a strong marketing leader reporting to our CMO, who oversees all press-related activities and communications for the organization.
The main responsibilities include booking looks for editorial shoots and coordinating sample trafficking needs, regional advertising, reacting to digital needs of our consumers, and collaborating with our creative teams internally for best collaboration. In this role you will be leading communications and publications that attract and enlighten our consumers of our products. As a team, we focus on engaging our consumers in strategic, innovative methods with a background in thinking outside the box.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Devise and deliver US public relations strategies for best impact.
- Lead and work closely with external PR agencies to develop highly effective and measurable media, influencer and industry relations strategies in the US.
- Directly interact and establish relationships with journalists, media outlets, industry peers, and other external partners to drive thought-leadership and brand awareness.
- Differentiate Candy from our competitors via innovative storytelling which raises awareness of our position as industry leader and drives greater understanding of our full range of products and services to key audiences – both media/marketing/advertising and business press.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with colleagues from different teams across the company to develop and reinforce our positioning and presence in media.
- Consistently deliver excellent written communications.
- Create and drive PR strategies around regional industry events.
WHO ARE YOU?
- BA in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a comparable PR/communications for a multi-national, creative, media or PR agency
- Established relationships with press and key industry professionals.
- Creative and compelling writer with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills including budget management.
- Clever, innovative personality. Appetite for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction.
- Great relationship-building skills and the ability to work within a team environment across different time zones.
- Experience managing (or working within) an external PR agency, coupled with the ability to complete media activity directly without agency support.
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unfazed by change whenever it happens.
- Proven track record in redefining business initiatives, announcements and ideas into PR opportunities and coverage in diverse media.
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.