Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we're looking for a Sr. Manager, Paid Acquisition, Desktop, to join our Acquisition Marketing team. The Sr. Manager, Paid Acquisition, Desktop will lead all of Grammarly's paid marketing efforts focused on acquiring new users for our desktop product offerings. This person will be responsible for driving world-class performance marketing that can deliver on our ambitious user growth and revenue goals. They'll do so by developing a strategy, implementing robust targeting, testing, and tracking capabilities, and building/leading/coaching a team that can meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. In this role, this person will manage a team of channel managers across many platforms. The current acquisition mix includes paid search, display, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and sponsored content, as well as other testing channels.
The Sr. Manager, Paid Acquisition, Desktop will be responsible for aggressively scaling existing channels, as well as proactively seeking and testing opportunities in emerging channels. Success will be evaluated quantitatively and qualitatively. There will be newly acquired users and revenue targets for each individual channel and collectively for paid marketing as a whole. The team's ability to meet those targets with efficiency will impact this person's success.
This unique role presents the opportunity to drive best-in-class paid advertising.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a high-performing team of 4 with the potential to grow.
- Manage large, sophisticated paid search, display, paid social, and YouTube accounts that drive a significant impact on Grammarly's growth goals.
- Launch, test, and scale up-and-coming high-potential channels.
- Understand developments in ad tech and integrate if/when the investment makes sense.
- Create a portfolio approach to managing massive spend levels, significant breadth of channels, and awesome complexity of operation (brand + performance; mobile + desktop; consumer + B2B; massive and varied TAM).
We're looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2-4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has experience in planning/executing/optimizing campaigns across at least 5 different platforms.
- Possesses a deep understanding of marketing metrics (CPA, ROI, LTV, payback periods) and has an easy fluency with how different metrics affect each other.
- Has a strong handle on marketing testing-specifically, can devise a sound experiment in order to obtain learning with incomplete data.
- Has experience owning large-scale ($10M+/yr in spend) marketing operations (preferably after building them to scale).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth : We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team : Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits : Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $104,000-$193,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all-especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations-to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly's COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.