Sr. Growth Analyst - Marketing, WordPress.com at Automattic (Remote)
We are the people behind WordPress.com, Tumblr, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more. We are looking for a Sr. Growth Analyst to help us drive growth with data, insights, and technical solutions. Be a member of the Growth Analytics team tasked with improving, building, and optimizing our data analysis tools, architecture, and processes. Ultimately our goal will be to turn complex data into practical business insights and decisions in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment.
- Use data to develop valuable insights and empower our leaders to demonstrate data to measure and prove success
- Partner with the rest of our Marketing team for campaign performance analysis and marketing attribution including designing and analyzing A/B tests to validate hypotheses
- Own reporting and insights for global regions as part of weekly/monthly/quarterly business review
- Make our data useful: develop powerful Looker models to build thoughtful dashboards that help our product and marketing teams succeed
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to define clear metrics and relevant tracking to drive the growth of our business
- Partner with MarTech engineers to own data ingestion for marketing analytics, including, but not limited to, pageviews tracking, event tracking, conversion tracking, paid media conversions, affiliate referrals, and peer referrals
- Perform ad hoc analyses to better understand customer experience, behavior, and product usage
- Always be raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, detailing issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested transformations.
- 3+ years of experience with web analytics and marketing attribution; marketing operations or incrementality testing experience is a bonus!
- Experience with digital marketing measurement methods, concepts, and working with data and technologies such as Google Analytics, Segment, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager and Google Data Studio
- Proficient in SQL, used to window functions and CTEs
- Expertise in building models and dashboards; experience with Looker is a plus!
- Good communicator with excellent quantitative skills, used to working in data modeling, metric development, and insight generation
- Have experience working with a global subscription-based product. Using your discernment, you can translate business problems into analytical questions and use data from various sources to find answers
- Familiar with HTML and CSS
- Have worked in a Hadoop ecosystem before; in the day to day, we use Trino (PrestoSQL), Hive, and Spark
- Familiar with DBT (or similar framework) or Python
- Experience using development tools (e.g., GitHub, Docker)
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can do for the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include answers to this question in your cover letter. Applications that do not have a cover letter and answer will not be considered.
- What technical analysis, insight or recommendation have you made that you are most proud of from your past experience, and why?
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.