The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Postgres is the open source database that’s changing the world. Companies around the world including businesses of all sizes, governments and the largest enterprises run on it. There’s also a vibrant and fast growing community that loves it. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that. We’re the leading contributor to Postgres and we’ve created advanced complimentary services and technology to supercharge it.
Postgres is the fastest growing database in the world and EDB is leading that growth. We’re on a mission to help our customers and the community take Postgres everywhere. Come join a bunch of smart and fun people changing the way the world’s data is organized.
You will own EDB’s Postgres Distributed product for the entire lifecycle - from shaping our future product roadmap - to launching your product - to understanding and optimizing in-market selling performance with our Sales and Marketing Teams.
You will bring strong strategic thinking, marketing abilities and technical savvy to understand our customers, markets, technology and competitive differentiation. You’ll use those insights to create actionable business plans for your market segment and work closely with Product Management to shape our Product Roadmap and Marketing and Sales to orchestrate amazing product launches that make us the leader in each segment.
- Create and monitor the success of Strategic Business Plans and Market Opportunity Analysis for your product and market segments
- Identify customer needs, market trends and competitive landscape that impact commercial outcomes
- Deeply understand our value proposition, roadmap, target markets and competition to support customer growth
- Partner with Product Management to define and deliver a product roadmap that supports the segment Strategic Business Plans
- Excite IT decision-makers, Cloud/Data Architects, and Developers worldwide about EDB’s capabilities and Postgres with compelling naming, messaging, pricing, positioning and product launches
- Be a sought-after evangelist and spokesperson for EDB’s products for analysts, customers, events and press media worldwide
- Energize the EDB team as a thought leader in driving EDB product strategy and vision.
- 10+ years of Enterprise IT or Database Software/SaaS Marketing experience with a heavy emphasis on Product Marketing to enterprise business and technical decision makers
- Demonstrated capabilities in strategic marketing including market analysis, research and segmentation at an account and customer level
- Demonstrated capabilities in full-lifecycle product marketing from product definition through in-market product growth including launching, naming, positioning and pricing products
- Comfortable being an individual contributor, and working with, or influencing, teams
- Ability to craft sales-focused and customer-focused messaging
- Ability to write succinct, clear business documents for senior management review
- Experience presenting to analysts, press and large public audiences globally
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technology field
- Prior Distributed Database or Postgres knowledge
- Experience marketing and doing market strategy at a global level
- Experience working with and building developer communities
- Experience in Product Planning
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request