Sr. Director of Business Development and Revenue Strategy
Drift is looking for a passionate and experienced marketing and sales dev leader to join the global marketing team. This leader will report to the VP of Revenue Marketing and will be instrumental in evolving Drift’s sales development strategy - and overall demand gen strategy, and how it can be more effective through a tight partnership with the Sales Dev org. This critically important team will grow into a consistent and focused organization, aiming to deliver consistent and quality pipeline to our various global business units, under this individual’s strategic leadership. This role will have a massive organizational impact by integrating the sales development function as a seamless extension of the marketing and sales teams to drive pipeline.
The leader in this role will also take an account-first approach when it comes to pulling together the Revenue Marketing team, partnering closely with the GTM, Campaigns, Sales Dev, and Ops teams to ensure we’re laser-focused on targeting the accounts most likely to purchase our products and solutions, so we build the right programs and institute seamless follow up.
What you’ll be doing on the Demand Gen team at Drift:
- Coordinating the sales development team with the sales and campaigns team, working with managers to ensure prioritization and alignment between marketing and various business units at Drift.
- Includes org design, overseeing change management to separate inbound from outbound follow up, and more.
- Working closely with Ops and Marketing to develop a best-in-class account-based marketing strategy, including segmentation, activity plans, and goal setting.
- Collaborating with Sales Dev leaders on compensation and incentive plans that drive the right behaviors with the sales development team.
- Measure and analyze the lifecycle of developed accounts to uncover areas of optimization and efficiency.
- Partnering closely with the GTM/Campaigns team to ensure we’re targeting the right accounts with our Marketing strategy, helping to develop a new ABM approach of 1:Many, 1:Few, and 1:1.
- Partnering closely with Sales and Sales Leadership to ensure we’re coaching and developing SDRs and BDRs to eventually graduate up into future sales reps.
- Serving as a key strategic leader on the VP of Rev Marketing’s demand gen leadership team, offering strategic counsel outside of just Biz Dev.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 8+ years of marketing experience.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience with ABM best practices and strategies.
- Experience growing, developing, and leading SDR teams.
- Ability to work and communicate cross-functionally with senior revenue leaders.
- Proficient with Salesforce and other sales and marketing technologies.
- Experience with Outreach and Marketo a plus.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] #LI-Remote