Sr. Digital Media Specialist at 2U
What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Digital Media Specialist Role is responsible for the day-to-day management of a diverse portfolio of digital media campaigns. This role will be responsible for managing a ~$1MM monthly media budget that spans across various social and display channels. You will be accountable for the paid media strategy, execution, and analysis for all programs under her/his portfolio. In addition, this role will have dotted line oversight over a small team of 1-3 digital media specialists & coordinators.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manages a monthly budget ~$1MM of paid media spend
- Responsible for the execution, analysis and optimizations for a large portfolio of paid media campaigns (Facebook, Linkedin, Google display, etc.)
- Develops media plans & segmentation strategies across multiple paid media channels
- Work collaboratively with demand generation analysts to ensure each program is in line with its marketing investment goals
- 1-3 dotted line reports (Coordinators, Specialists)
- Manages the day-to-day workflow for dotted line reports
- Works alongside the manager to ensure all dotted line reports are working towards their professional development plan
Strategic Initiatives and Planning
- Continually works on and/or owns cross-functional projects as designated by the leadership (ex. Creative analysis implementation, etc.)
- Execution of the full lifecycle of testing new scalable prospecting driving opportunities & program growth plans (ex. FB alpha bid modifier, scaling a new channel, data science integration, etc.)
- Responsible for moving the business forward, beyond BAU media management, through media innovation
- Full ownership of a minimum of two large-scale strategic initiatives that has a portfolio wide impact on the business.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3+ years of experience in in-house or agency digital media management
- Experience managing the media for multiple paid social and display channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, etc.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of monthly media spend exceeding $500k
- Working knowledge in marketing/analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Tableau
- Demonstrated analytical skills and data-driven approach to media
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and ability to consistently evaluate priorities.
- Strong project management discipline, including development of project plans, assessment and mitigation of risk, effectively meeting management and tracking actions and issues.
- Enjoys close collaboration with others, but also values working independently.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Creative, high-energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.