Chewy is seeking a dynamic and analytical Senior Category Manager to join our growing and fast-paced merchandising team in Seattle, WA, Fort Lauderdale, FL. We have very ambitious plans to further build our Merchandising teams and businesses. If you are passionate about a truly entrepreneurial role which has high relevance and impact, then this would be an ideal position for you. In this role, you will own the P&L for an important category, negotiate to improve business terms, manage high profile vendor relationships directly, develop and execute business strategies, and identify opportunities to accelerate your business. At Chewy, we believe innovation is rewarded and execution is highly valued. Negotiation experience, verbal, written, and presentation skills are a must. Our ideal candidate is a versatile business leader with a track record of high performance, that can think big and operate at depth in parallel.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead one of Chewy’s most important categories.
- Have full P&L ownership.
- Establish, build, and manage strong external vendor relationships, including ownership across all negotiations.
- Continue to realize high double-digit growth rates; both for sales and profit.
- Build and implement, based on research and data insights, strategies and plans to both recruit new customers to Chewy and to develop existing customers via lifecycle management concepts.
- Identify opportunities within your category to optimize and maximize product performance, including analyzing sales data, assortment gaps, and market trends to make quick, effective decisions for your business.
- Work cross-functionally with finance, marketing, supply chain, pricing, and customer service to ensure collaboration as well as holistic planning and execution
What You’ll Need:
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree.
- 6-8 years of holistic business experience in top ecommerce, retail, FMCG, or similar organizations.
- Strong comprehensive business acumen and the willingness to move fast.
- Proven operator, skilled in go-to-market, and with focus on execution.
- Superb communication skills combined with the ability to influence cross-functional partners.
- Exceptional competencies in vendor management/merchandising, sales, marketing, and general management.
- Ability to lead, be nimble, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and strong knowledge of retail math.
- Business and leadership experience in market-leading organizations; both in bigger organizations and start-up businesses.
- SQL a plus.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]