Sr. Brand Marketing Manager at Chewy (Boston, MA)
Chewy is looking for a consumer-centric Sr Brand Marketing Manager to join our Brand Marketing Team, in Plantation, FL, Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN, or Bellevue, WA. This role will drive brand marketing campaign development and measurement for Chewy brand and sub-brands as well as brand sponsorships and activations (“brand acts”). With storytelling, strategic insights and data acumen, the ideal candidate will actively shape and express the Chewy brands to drive consumer awareness, purchase and loyalty.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead campaign development (broadcast television, online video, social, OOH, and audio) and Go-To-Market execution for our brand marketing efforts. Partner with internal creative services team and/or external agencies on brand campaign creative strategy, campaign concepting, production, editing, approvals and trafficking as required.
- Translate brand strategy, positioning, architecture, visual identity, etc. into integrated marketing plans and consumer experiences.
- Manage creative agency relationships and partner with creative directors to manage and guide creative development.
- Manage brand-owned engagement programs (“brand activations”) from ideation, concepting, operationalizing, execution and reporting.
- Leverage and distill data from across the organization to develop meaningful engagement programs (i.e. social listening, consumer insights, PR, etc).
- Manage, evaluate, and respond to inbound requests for partnerships and sponsorships.
- Engage with the Consumer Insights team to develop best practices in creative testing that improve performance without inhibiting creativity. Collaborate with Consumer Insights to identify research needs, develop research models and execute projects.
- Partner with Social, Integrated Marketing, and Product Marketing to incorporate brand attitude, tone and manner across all initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (Media planning, Social, PR, Performance, Analytics, Finance, etc) to drive strategic marketing planning and execution.
- Collaborate with product management to develop branded consumer experiences across eCommerce site and apps.
- Leverage market insights, competitive intelligence and deep consumer insights to write comprehensive brand strategy briefs, optimize campaigns, inform future campaigns and develop corporate roadmaps.
- Track and develop actionable insights for omni-channel campaigns and report out on campaign performance KPIs
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of consumer brand management / marketing experience; ideally including a mix of agency and either large corporate or startup environments
- Experience in sponsorship, partnership, or event marketing
- Data-driven self-starter with demonstrated experienced navigating through ambiguity in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Brand expertise with demonstrated brand marketing experience (e.g. writing briefs, agency management, production experience, etc).
- Experience with establishing and scaling consumer brands (including in retail, health, CPG or consumer tech) in a variety of context and scenarios
- Diplomacy and strong business acumen with proven experience influencing others and gaining internal mind share
- Deep experience in connecting marketing and creative strategy
- Hands-on experience managing omnichannel campaign development and execution (e.g. campaign/project timelines, budgets, media plans, etc.)
- Fluent in online and offline channel metrics and measurement
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization with demonstrated ability to collaborate with various teams across the organization (e.g. Retail, Healthcare, HR, Product) in agile environments
- Position may require some travel
- Proven track record in the ecommerce space with an emphasis on connecting digital and offline experiences.
- Pet industry experience and/or affinity for pets/animals
- (Agency) account management experience
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].