About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
As Torc's Social Media Manager, you will own responsibility for driving positive interactions with the public and stakeholders on Torc's social media platforms. Your energy, excitement, creativity and resourcefulness in developing a successful social media strategy and executing on it will help Torc in promoting products, engaging with clients, partners and investors, inspiring confidence in our brand, and communicating brand strategy to internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will be focused on:
- Owning, developing and implementing a social media marketing plan, created in conjunction with corporate- and team-wide plans and goals.
- Using social media marketing tools to create and maintain Torc’s brand.
- Creating actionable plans to grow and maintain followers through all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- Ensuring growth on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others.
- Owning and updating the monthly social media editorial calendar.
- Determining ways to actively involve Torc’rs in our social media engagement and empower employees to be online advocates for Torc and our brand.
- Working with other team members to develop social media marketing campaigns.
- Interacting with customers and other stakeholders via Torc’s social media accounts.
- Analyzing Torc’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy and identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- Researching social media trends and informing /driving changes and improvement efforts.
- Setting measurement targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- 5+ years of social media management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Strong technical knowledge of processes and systems required for social media.
- Excellent editing and writing skills, specifically for short-form copy to adhere to character limits and best caption lengths.
- General knowledge of search engine optimization and internet ranking for web content.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many company initiatives at once.
- Proficiency using multi-social posting programs (Hootsuite, Meltwater, HubSpot, etc).
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite packages.
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred.
- Keen attention to detail to identify problems and processes that don’t comply with protocol.
- Critical/logical thinking to identify problems and provide solutions to ensure efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast-paced environment.
**This role may be supported remotely in the US with occasional travel to our Blacksburg, Albuquerque, Austin or Stuttgart locations.**
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation