Infosec believes knowledge is power when fighting cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with skills development and certifications while empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe at work and home. It’s our mission to equip all organizations and individuals with the know-how and confidence to outsmart cybercrime.
At Infosec, you will be surrounded and supported by a bright team – endlessly curious, eager to try new ideas and ready to roll up their sleeves together. Our inclusive values and open door philosophy are rooted in the belief that great ideas come from everyone. Your voice matters here! As a quickly growing and stable company, you will find plenty of opportunities to start or build your career. We are all about inspiring, recognizing and rewarding employees to be successful.
Social Media Manager
Infosec is seeking a dynamic, creative social media and communications professional to develop and execute our social media strategy. As Social Media Manager, you will carefully curate a deep library of compelling media that deepens engagement, expands our audiences and builds brand awareness within our target audiences.
Creativity, compassion and communication skills are critical in this role. You will work closely with other members of the marketing team to build a content strategy that breaks through social media noise and builds trust with customers, journalists and analysts in our space.
- Build, execute and refine our social media strategy. You will take a research-based approach to curating content that matters most to our target audiences of buyers, influencers and journalists. You’ll look to data to refine your strategy and grow audiences and engagement over time.
- Manage Infosec brand social channels, including using publishing and social listening tools. This includes developing compelling media for the right audiences on the right platforms at the right time — and evaluating performance against goals.
- Support ongoing marketing campaigns. You will advise other marketing team members how to best use social media to support their campaign goals, and support their efforts by amplifying announcements, releases, employer branding and events through the best channels possible.
- Mentor and coach Infosec staff and instructors. As a social media expert, you know personal pages can reach further into networks than corporate accounts. You will leverage the Infosec team and SMEs to increase messaging reach and build brand authenticity and credibility with target audiences.
- Help manage Infosec and PR firm relationship. You will meet weekly with our PR firm to uncover new media opportunities, amplify media mentions via our social and owned channels, and maximize impact through earned media and reach. This includes managing inbound requests from journalists, maintaining positive relationships with our SME team and building rapport with key influencers.
- 3+ years of professional social media marketing experience using platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Project proficiency with social content publishing and analytics tools like Hootsuite, Sprout Social and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated success building and executing social marketing programs that deepen social engagement and audience growth
- Prior experience supporting public and media relations initiatives
- Proficiency with common publishing and design software tools like Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with mentoring other team members and external partners on optimizing their social profiles and activity for reach and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must, including the ability to craft compelling stories
- Up to date on the latest marketing trends, tools and technologies
- Analytical skills and ability to identify, interpret and use marketing analytics to improve communications and tactics
- Previous experience in the cybersecurity, technology, edtech or B2B technical space strongly preferred
Why you should join us
- Quickly growing, stable (16 years!) tech company
- Named to Madisons Top Workplaces 2021
- Internal career path opportunities
- Competitive base salary and 401(k) with company match
- Health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, FSAs, supplemental insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off for volunteer and charitable work
- Infosec Gives pledge — sharing 1% of our profit, product and time to impact communities around us
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion so all employees feel comfortable and confident bringing their whole selves to work
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, apply right now! A real human being will review your application and get back to you if you are a good fit. If you are unsure or have questions, reach out to us at [email protected] We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Infosec is an equal opportunity employer.