Social Media Manager at M1 (Chicago, IL)
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a driven, self-motivated social media strategist to join our marketing team. You'll be a key player in developing and engaging with our audience on organic social channels through smart content, community, and channel strategy and execution.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will work on platforms like Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Reddit, TikTok, reviews, and more. This means you’ll:
- Drive forward, expand, and execute our organic social media and community strategies.
- Develop strategic social content briefs based on current events, trends, data, channel and audience insights that line up to social marketing goals.
- Work with in-house creatives and freelancers to make social campaigns come to life.
- Optimize content and campaign strategies for business-driving metrics and build relevant reports. When necessary, pivot plans to ensure channel success.
- Identify and monitor emerging trends in social media, personal finance, tech, and other topics relevant to our audience.
- Engage with our clients on various platforms, handling day-to-day community management.
- Act as the voice of the client and provide key insights to the marketing, client success, and product teams through social listening.
- Ensure content is on time and aligned to goals, brand standards, and regulatory standards.
- Partner with teams across Marketing and the rest of M1 to support goals across the full funnel and product lines, and identify potential content opportunities.
- Share funny GIFs, pictures of pets, latest reads, and passions with the team. We’ll share ours too (we may even turn you into a Slack emoji).
- 4-6 years of experience in social media delivering engaging, creative content across multiple social channels, creative content calendars, and tracking performance.
- Ability to track and report on channel metrics, trends, and social listening data as it relates to brand, mission, and goals.
- Strong strategic thinker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong EQ and ability to assess nuances in conversation, with appropriate reactions.
- Organized, ambitious, flexible, and execution oriented.
- Strong communicator, both written and oral.
- Understand or are interested in personal finance, behavioral finance, and financial wellness topics.
- Understand or are interested in topics like overall wellness, self-improvement, psychology, habits, and motivation.
- Passion for learning.
- Passion for finance.
The following are a huge plus:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, psychology, or a related field.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with social media management platforms, like Sprout Social.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym
We take pride in the fact that our team has a significant impact on our business and clients. We’re looking for smart, talented people who can do great work and add to our culture.
We want to know why you want this job -- not just any social media job.