Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we created the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies such as Wayfair, American Express, and Indeed expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, human-centric, and committed team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Marketing team
Our Marketing team is committed to building the Karat brand and long-term value of the business in order to help achieve revenue and margin targets.What you will do
As Social Media Manager at Karat, you will ensure brand and reputation are positively amplified by the use of social platforms. Collaborating with cross-team partners, you will develop and handle the broader social media strategy with a constant drive for improvement.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Manage social media communication for a variety of Karat channels, such as: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
- Develop and implement social strategies (i.e. creative, community management, paid, organic) that deliver measurable results against company, team, and individual OKRs.
- Identify areas of opportunity and generate meaningful outputs that inform our social go-to-market, acquisition, foundational, and creative strategies.
- Build and execute on campaigns and programs with a high level of attention to detail, creativity, and originality.
- Partner with social media partners on other teams to execute against broader, global organizational strategies.
- Work in partnership with our PR agency to drive creative conceptualization to build and deliver innovative, outstanding campaigns.
- Test and experiment with content and messaging to increase engagement and drive brand affinity and retention amongst new and existing customers.
- Create and lead the social media calendar for organic and paid content.
- Set the growth vision to increase followers and expand reach through existing and new platforms.
- 5+ years of experience developing and leading complex integrated marketing programs in an agency or corporate environment
- Successful history developing innovative social media campaigns in ways that create social sharing and drive PR attention
- Knowledge of organic and paid elements of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube required
- Experience in defining a brand voice and in implementing a corresponding strategy across a wide variety of channels
- Strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in digital marketing advertising and analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, Facebook, etc.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Tenacious self-starter with a high level of initiative and strong follow-through
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].