Social Media Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As Social Media Manager, you will join the Communications team responsible for telling stories that increase Upwork awareness and favorable brand perception. The Upwork Communications team consists of the Media Relations, Analyst Relations, Social Media, Employee Communications, and Economic Research Team. You will report to the Director of Social Media Marketing.
In this role, you will help uplevel our social strategy by expanding our executive social media program, leading experimentation with new social media post formats and platforms, and help build out our influencer program.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social media, collaborative, and can juggle multiple activities simultaneously.Your Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with C-suite executives to develop and execute plans to grow their professional social media presences on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Identify and experiment with new social media platforms and lead strategy and execution for native, social-first content campaigns - particularly social video.
- Partner with a cross-functional Marketing team to continue to build our influencer program.
- Serve as the social media lead for crisis communications situations as they arise and work closely with our remote social media team distributed across the globe.
- Experience running social media channels for B2B or B2C businesses, including conceptualization and execution of social campaigns that fuel engagement.
- Active social with a passion for experimenting with new platforms.
- Outstanding writing ability and good judgment when handling challenging crisis situations.
- Background working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and proven success at collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and remotely on a variety of hands-on projects with minimal direction.
- Good judgment when handling challenging crisis situations.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.