Are you fluent with words and highly persuasive if you are passionate about something? Do you thrive in an organization that values your ability to build relationships and in a fast-paced environment? If so, Black Spectacles’ Social Media & Community Manager role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re looking for a Social Media & Community Manager to grow brand awareness through social media and reputation management and drive engagement on public-facing platforms such as social media and our online community.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns that contribute to larger marketing goals
- Maintain social media platforms for two domains
- Analyze data & adjust campaigns based on performance metrics
- Engage with social followers by responding to all comments and messages
- Work alongside our Customer Success Team to manage our online reputation
- Create engaging content for our online community
- Work with our subject matter experts to develop communication strategies with community members
- Build relationships with key figures in the architecture community
- Track our online community activity daily
- Work with our UX/UI Designers to uphold brand consistency across all platforms
- Demonstrated long-term social media management experience
- Demonstrated experience in community management or equivalent field
- Proficient with Canva or comparable design application
- Proven track record growing a brand’s social media presence
- Grasp of flourishing online community forum engagement and functionality
- Creative, strategic, and analytical
- Flexible, adaptable to change
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly energetic and passionate about connecting with others
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
- ‘Work from wherever’ policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.