This role will join the Omnichannel Strategy and Customer Experience team with two areas of focus:
- To join cross functional teams working on end-to-end global launches with an omnichannel focus
- To help continue to build Social Media capabilities within Human Health
The role will report to the Director, Enterprise Social Business, and has the following responsibilities:
Role Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Support a variety of key product launches and business priorities through top-tier social-first strategies and cross-functional collaboration
- Create tailored social content plans based on reaching and actively engaging target audiences
- Collaborate closely with US and Global Channel Content Leads on content creation and execution
- Work with internal creative teams and external agencies to maintain a social media center of excellence in content capabilities, using best practices and social-first thinking to develop channel strategies and content strategies that resonate with our customers and celebrates diversity and inclusivity in our creative and content
- Drive experimentation and advance our social strategy to include livestreaming, AR/VR and other innovative ways to connect with new audiences across a variety of key platforms
- Author best practices, POVs, and strategic planning guidelines that support new models and ways of working across the enterprise
- Nurture key partnerships with current and emerging social media and tech platforms to gain first-mover access, and develop innovative programs that drive our brand and business forward
- Provide social thought leadership and share content across a robust company affiliate social footprint
- Discover and share opportunities for commercial teams to utilize social media and related platforms to meet a variety of key business objectives
- Help create a pipeline of new ideas and methods of marketing including "test and learn" plans and analyze relative ROI possibilities
- Innovate, design, and implement global executive and employee advocacy programs
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of existing and emerging communications channels and drive business outcomes through appropriate channel selection
- Collaborate and coach others on appropriate selection of channels depending on audience and desired outcomes
- Demonstrate highly effective writing and content creation skills
- Support the sharing of approved content via content management tools and publish across Global Social Platforms
- Assure content is medically and legally approved when required and attend Promotional Reviews as SME Develop and maintain Enterprise Social Media content calendars across corporate owned channels
- Leverage content calendaring tools for coordinating calendaring and uploading approved content
- Support collaboration with Promotional Review Team (PRT) members in development and approval of content as needed
- Lead internal social business communities to increase engagement, awareness, and brand safety
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of Social Media Channel Management and familiar with social technology (Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Salesforce, Sprout Social etc.)
- Ability to analyze social data to inform and enhance future programs
- Experience driving both Paid and Organic promotion on Social media channels.
- Familiar with core and emerging social media platforms
- Proven experience working in highly matrixed environment of multiple teams and agencies.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, while meeting tight timelines
- Experience working in a global capacity with ability to creating global strategies and content for social media is highly preferred for this role.
- Knowledge of social listening and market research.
- Good understanding of social sales strategy and technology
- Experience with SEO/SEM/Display advertising
- Familiar with employee advocacy technology and strategies
- Understanding of Omnichannel marketing
- Experience working with Influencers on social media platforms.
This position is location agnostic but may require up to 20% Travel to our Upper Gwynedd., PA or other office locations for collaboration, as needed.
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: