Senior Specialist- Brand PR at The Kraft Heinz Company (Chicago, IL)
Description & Requirements
Location: Chicago- IL - Corporate Business Hours
What do we bring to the table?
- Benefits begin immediately upon hire. Fully customizable medical plans (HRA- HSA- FSA)- 5 different carrier choices
- Prescription (Rx) card
- Full suite of additional plans: vision- dental- life- disability- adoption/family planning reimbursement- childcare- parental leave LiveWell lifestyle/well-being discount and rewards program (for example- $50 subsidy for fitness tracker)
- 401(k) matching + extra 3% freebie company contribution
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
- Award-winning Ownerversity learning & development resource library.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health support
- Learn more about life #hereatKraftHeinz on our YouTube channel!
Senior Specialist of Brand PR- North American Zone
The Senior Specialist is a valued member of the Global Corporate Communications Team. They are responsible for a portfolio of brands to support the external storytelling efforts of the broader Brand PR team.
Reporting to the Director of Brand PR- the individual in this position will partner with team members and key company collaborators to develop and implement the annual PR plan for a handful of KHC's most iconic brands. This includes development of an ongoing news engine- support of multiple brand acts and PR-first moments- proactive pitching- relationship building with press- agency management- and measurement. This person must be a skilled storyteller with a history of building and implementing annual earned media plans.
What's on the Menu?
- Serve as a key member of NA Zone Brand PR team- working to promote Kraft Heinz and our iconic brands
- Develop and execute proactive media relations plans for Kraft Heinz's portfolio of brands - including shaping and relaying the brand narrative and key priorities with premier lifestyle- consumer- trade media
- Lead & support earned media efforts for multiple brands - working closely with marketing counterparts- agency partners- legal and other team members to develop and implement integrated plans that leverage brand PR to drive awareness- consumer love- and a clear call to action
- Challenge and coach cross-functional teams on how to achieve PR results that drive business objectives
- Mine for potential news angles and data to support opportunistic storytelling
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in earned media relations- including leading integrated campaign earned outreach plans- message development- management of activations- effective pitching- and training of spokespersons for media interviews and more
- Use data and knowledge of the earned media landscape to develop creative approaches to reach key audiences
- Draft a wide variety of communications materials for external audiences with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Build and strengthen reporter relationships on behalf of the brand
- Coordinate agency resources to achieve results and track progress using measurement tools
- In partnership with NA Brand PR team- serve as a media relations subject matter expert for the Marketing team and other functional partners
Recipe for Success: Apply now if this sounds like you!
- I have experience working in a brand communications and media relations within a mid-to large size company or PR agency.
- I have strong communication skills- both written and verbal- with the ability to translate our brand narratives into proactive- positive storytelling
- I am able to lead day-to-day issues and reactive media
- I am a Strong writer- editor and ability to guide and influence others
- I have success in balancing multiple projects and leadership skills with outstanding organizational and planning skills in a complex business environment
- I have the ability to maintain a steadfast work pace with the ability to change course quickly
- I am not afraid to "roll up sleeves"; seeks to go beyond comfort to learn & pushes teams to do the same.
- I have passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas - loves and adopts change.
Please note: This job posting is just a preview of the full scope of the position. A comprehensive job description is shared upon interview.
We hope to find you a seat at our table!
Kraft Heinz is a global food company with a delicious heritage. With iconic and emerging food and beverage brands around the world, we deliver the best taste, fun and quality to every meal table we touch. We're on a mission to disrupt not only our own business, but the global food industry. A consumer obsession and unexpected partnerships fuel our progress as we drive innovation across every part of our company.
Around the world, our people are connected by a culture of ownership, agility and endless curiosity. We also believe in being good humans, who are working to improve our company, communities, and planet. We're proud of where we've been - and even more thrilled about where we're headed - as we nourish the world and lead the future of food.
We grow our people to grow our business. We champion great people who bring ambition, curiosity, and high performance to the table as the guardians of our beloved and nostalgic brands. Good isn't good enough. We choose greatness every day by challenging the ordinary and making bold decisions. All while celebrating our wins - and our failures - as we work together to lead the future of food.
Challenging the status quo takes talent. We invest in your purpose and potential by developing skills and nurturing strengths that leave a legacy on our business and a lasting impact on your career. Because great people make great companies, and we're growing something great here at Kraft Heinz.
Office Collaboration & Hybrid Work Environment
We believe our office environment fuels our collaboration, connection & community as an organization and allows our employees to grow toward greatness. We also believe providing a more flexible and agile model is essential in today's workplace. A majority of our office-based employees will be able to work remotely for up to two days each week. Additionally, employees who are subject to this hybrid model will be eligible to work from anywhere for up to six weeks in a rolling 12-month period (in maximum two-week increments and according to benefits and tax guidelines). Some jobs may be required to be performed fully in office depending on the role's responsibilities and requirements.
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require an accommodation to participate in the job application or hiring process should contact [email protected].