Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced Senior Solutions Marketing Manager (PMM) to drive revenue growth programs and sales enablement for key industry vertical markets. We are looking for a talented marketer who can conceive and execute go-to-market plans that drive new customer acquisition and account expansion. This PMM will work across Mattermost sales, product, and marketing teams, as well as with key partners, to develop tailored solutions for industry relevant use cases.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to articulate the value of Mattermost within an industry specific context to different persona types. The priority markets for this role are Public Sector, Financial Services, Healthcare, and adjacent markets where security, privacy, and compliance are highly valued. You will create messaging and positioning that differentiates Mattermost, and create a portfolio of GTM assets (collateral, presentations, etc.) that helps achieve revenue goals.
- Conceive innovative go-to-market programs that can create significant improvements in sales close rate
- Create positioning, messaging, content assets, and sales enablement tools to be used by Mattermost sales and marketing teams, as well as partner teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, product, marketing, demand generation, and other teams to build aligned GTM programs
- Articulate Mattermost value through clear definition of product use cases relevant to specific personas; continuously improve the Mattermost value proposition for a given vertical market
- Execute, and be accountable for the success of GTM campaigns
- Measure and test campaign effectiveness and continuously optimize GTM plans based on data
- 7-10 years of product marketing experience; ideally for a SaaS company targeting DevOps, SecOps, or IT
- Demonstrated track record of building successful go-to-market programs and sales enablement campaigns
- Direct experience working in Public Sector markets preferred, including federal government and agencies, regional government, defense, intelligence, and defense/intelligence related private organizations
- Deep understanding of technology-related security, privacy, and regulatory compliance issues preferred
- Appropriate technical depth to communicate with technical audiences in their language
- Experience working with Financial Services and Healthcare sectors is a plus
- Strong analytical skills: ability to use data to identify opportunities, guide decisions, and measure performance of go-to-market activities
- Ability to build relationships and work successfully across functional teams
- Ability to drive for high impact and get things done. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Exceptional written communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information into clear and concise presentations and plansExperience with open source software products is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus; comfortable working for an all-remote company
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Bangladesh - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
More Information on Mattermost
Mattermost operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Palo Alto, CA. Mattermost was founded in 2011. It has 165 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Remote Work Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick Days. To see all 40 open jobs at Mattermost, click here.
Read Full Job Description