Senior Social Media Manager at Team Whistle
At Team Whistle, we’re on a mission to build a global sports and entertainment company at the dynamic intersection of media, technology and commerce that elevates and inspires our audience and community of partners. Every day. Every way.
Team Whistle is looking for a Senior Social Media Manager on our Content team, reporting to the Director of Content. This is an opportunity to join a growing team, manage social media handles for clients in the sports/entertainment space, and grow your strategic thinking skills. The Content team works cross-functionally with internal departments to develop, implement, and optimize strong social media strategies for clients.
- Lead the development of social media strategies for clients by turning data and analytics into relevant and optimal recommendations. Develop social media goals and KPIs and understand how to reach them.
- Develop, schedule, publish and analyze content across multiple digital platforms (TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snap, etc.).
- Consistently ideate creative concepts and social media franchises that are on trend and relevant.
- Brief creative teams on new content ideas and concepts in order to bring ideas to life.
- Manage day-to-day content calendars to keep track of upcoming social media posts. Schedule and post content once approved.
- Manage client approvals on social media content and route any necessary feedback to team members.
- Write social media copy that is engaging and relevant. Have the ability to transition voice and tone from one client to another.
- Lead community engagement efforts (commenting, sharing, responding) across client channels. Monitor discussions, posts, and comments.
- Consistently analyze content performance so you can adapt, refine, and adjust as needed. Understand what is working, what is not, and how to improve.
- Thorough understanding of monetization capabilities across social media platforms.
- Be an advisor for new programs; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
- Understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
- Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand.
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- 4-6 years of working in social media or relatable agency experience
- Experience managing brand and/or talent social media accounts, specifically in the sports and entertainment space
- Must be fluent in all social platforms, including engagement best practices, formats, specs and paid promotion opportunities
- Strong writing experience with the ability to develop strong social media captions that are relevant and engaging
- Experience working with creative teams, especially video editors and designers
- Experience creating TikToks, Reels, Shorts a plus
- Fluent with social analytics tools such as FB Insights, YouTube Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Simply Measured
- Highly organized with ability to seamlessly juggle multiple high-priority projects at once
- Team player with strong work ethic, keen to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to perform tactical tasks effectively and with minimal supervision
- You demonstrate enthusiasm, passion and strong interests in sports, entertainment, advertising, and learning more about Gen Z / Millennials
- Proficient in Google drive (docs, slides, etc.)
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed
- At Team Whistle, we’re proud to offer a wide range of benefits. These include:
- 80% of employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and family members;
- Unlimited paid time off;
- Fully paid primary and secondary caregiver leave (10 and three weeks, respectively);
- 12 months of free online therapy through Talkspace;
- Annual membership fee covered for One Medical, a membership-based primary care practice offering both digital health and in-office care.
- Team Whistle is currently operating mostly remote. Candidates not based near one of our main offices (Charlotte, LA and New York) will be considered.