Silverback Strategies is a performance marketing agency on a mission to build the best agency culture. Our goal is to enable specialists to do what they do best so that our clients win every time. Silverback has won best places to work awards from Ad Age, Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian and The Washington Business Journal.
We’re focused on growth — for our clients, company and staff. We’ve made the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the country each year since 2014. Our success is based on our people, a growing collection of A-plus performers who thrive in our environment.
We have a tight-knit team that’s high-energy, competitive and fun. It’s like working at a startup, minus the uncertainty. We live by our motto: we’re in this together.
Today, we're ready to add another Senior SEO Manager to the team. Our new Sr. SEO Manager will serve as the subject matter expert in all things related to SEO within your assigned team. You will act as a true organic channel expert, developing and managing a portfolio of client strategies, enhancing relationships, managing timelines and deliverables, and growing performance.
The Sr. SEO Manager is expected to work cross-functionally, finding opportunities to enhance our clients' overall digital programs through SEO initiatives and complementary strategies with other services. You'll collaborate with experts in Paid Media, Analytics, Creative, Content and Web Development. You’ll be the true face of SEO within your team and ultimately responsible for the success of clients’ SEO programs.
Here’s what we expect from our Sr. SEO Manager, with responsibilities broken down into three categories:
What You'll Do — Channel Expertise & Innovation
- Responsible for driving the strategy, innovation and performance of multiple client SEO strategies and building long lasting client relationships
- Works directly with Director, Client Services to plan, implement and audit organic campaigns & SEO strategies that align with client KPIs and marketing goals
- Collaborates with the Director, Client Services and Sr. Paid Media Manager on cross-channel marketing strategy for clients; collaborate with analytics, content, design and dev team members.
- Plays lead role in developing SEO channel strategy for clients, aligned with organizational and marketing goals and KPIs
- Responsible for quality of SEO deliverables, including alignment to client's marketing objectives
- Lead channel innovation efforts, ensuring clients' SEO strategies are following evolving SEO best practices
- Understand the client’s industry, audience and goals and stay on top of industry changes, trends & best practices and search engine updates.
What You'll Do — Strategic Client Relationship
- Identify upsell opportunities for clients on your team
- Clearly communicates complex SEO strategy and execution details to clients, providing expert opinion on client questions
- Play an active role in retaining clients and aiding in client satisfaction through proactive communication, collaboration, problem-solving and issue resolution
What You'll Do — Team Collaboration & Workflow
- Translate channel strategy to time-bound, tactical roadmaps and delegate tactical execution to SEO Manager, Specialist and Associate
- Leverage internal project management tool to create and assign tasks, ensuring a smooth workflow among SEO team members on team
- Join in creative brainstorming sessions and collaborate with the Director, Client Services, other members of the team and SEO Product Lead in the continued development of SEO best practices
- Mentors team members on SEO best practices & strategies and account management techniques
- Manages junior members of SEO team, coaching individuals on performance and professional development, and promoting a positive, collaborative work environment
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of professional experience in digital marketing or any related field; Agency experience is a legitimate plus
- Experience with cross-functional digital marketing strategies
- Extensive experience with SEO website migrations
- Experience with Google Search Console
- Experience with SEO Tools & Platforms such as Majestic SEO, SEMRush, Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
- Experience with analytics suites such as Core Metrics or Google Analytics
- Basic HTML and CSS competency
- Advanced skill with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to deliver under tight deadlines
- Genuine curiosity that will guide the research to inform your technical work
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- The ability to accept constructive criticism in a professional manner and to learn from edits
- Comfort with constant personal and professional growth
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, etc plans
- Peloton digital membership
- Weekly guided meditation
- Monthly Team Events
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- We’re a remote friendly team. Whether you work remotely or out of our office (re-opening 2021 due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, Zoom).
- We at Silverback pride ourselves on being an extremely tight-knit team. We boast an unparalleled culture of collaboration, empathy, and a truly "work hard, play hard" mentality.
- We are consistently recognized as a Top Workplace on Glassdoor, and were most recently awarded a prestigious 150 Top Workplaces of 2021 designation by the Washington Post. Apply today & discover for yourself what makes Silverback Strategies such a special place to work. We can't wait to hear from you!
Silverback Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. If you believe you meet the qualifications for the position, then we invite you to apply. We celebrate the free flow of conversation, ideas and opinions at Silverback, but actions such as bullying, discrimination, harassment or retaliation of any kind are strictly prohibited in our workplace. We are committed to providing a safe, open and accommodating environment that allows all of our team members to thrive. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, disability, family, genetic information, origin, race, religion, sex. For more information, we invite you to visit eeoc.gov.
More Information on Silverback Strategies
Silverback Strategies operates in the Agency industry. The company is located in Alexandria, VA and Philadelphia, PA. Silverback Strategies was founded in 2007. It has 65 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 9 open jobs at Silverback Strategies, click here.
Read Full Job Description