About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Marketing Team:
The marketing team at JW Player is a small team with big ambitions. The goal of the marketing team is to build awareness and drive demand for the leading online video platform for businesses that rely on video. Our principals are: Move fast. Take calculated risks. Execute. And do more of what’s working.
Product marketing at JW Player plays a central role in defining the market opportunity, conducting competitive intel, defining core market positioning and coordinating go-to-market (GTM) product launches. The role requires strong market research skills, writing skills, and the ability to learn new products and markets quickly.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- Partner with Product, Sales, and Customer Success to build and execute the go-to-market (GTM) strategy and plans that align to revenue, adoption, and pipeline generation goals.
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to support GTM plans and execute demand generation tactics.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates JW Player from competitors in the market.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research for the purposes of gaining insights into customer needs and for the development of thought leadership and other content, such as webinars.
- Partner closely with Product Management to help guide the product strategy and develop compelling narratives.
- Partner with sales enablement to help them communicate the value of JW Platform and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Build product-oriented content to support sales enablement, partner enablement, the website, and events, to name a few.
- Track, measure, and report against marketing objectives.
Requirements of the role:
- 4+ years of product marketing experience in B2B SaaS – experience within the online video platform space a plus.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with using messaging frameworks to develop positioning and messaging.
- Well-versed in market research and survey design.
- Demonstrate experience working with sales and partners to drive GTM strategies.
- Ability to speak the language of product and sales teams fluently.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional storyteller with a strong, data-driven point of view.
- Demonstrable track record of launching and growing innovative products.
- Proven verbal, written, storytelling, and visual communication prowess.
- Flexible with job role and responsibilities as priorities shift.
Perks of being at JW Player
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.