GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for our contextual intelligence offering, Verity - supporting the go-to-market team for brands, agencies, publishers and platforms and has an opportunity to help establish a new line of business while working across industry partners to make the Verity offering available across their platforms. This role is responsible for product commercialization and sales enablement efforts to ensure the successful launch and competitive positioning of GumGum’s Verity product globally. This role is responsible for understanding client needs and communicating our value proposition to prospective and current clients and partners, serving as the voice of the customer in the product development lifecycle.
This role is a key contributor to our product and industry training programs, as well as the development of marketing materials. The Senior PMM collaborates with cross-functional teams including, but not limited to Sales, Customer Success, Operations, Product, and Marketing teams, to drive commercial success through data-driven analysis and marketplace intelligence, customer-centric messaging, and creative problem-solving.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
- Product Commercialization
- Build and execute go-to-market plans for new Verity products and offerings
- Be an expert in GumGum’s Verity value proposition, product offerings, and competitive landscape
- In partnership with the Customer Success and Sales teams, collect the voice of the customer (VOC) and ensure that client feedback is represented across all levels at GumGum
- Define buyer personas, their pain points, and criteria, and transfer knowledge to Product and Sales teams
- Partner with the broader marketing, product, sales, and customer teams to analyze market feedback and competitive intelligence globally to keep GumGum up-to-date with market trends and keep us ahead of the competition
- Collaborate with broader marketing team to create compelling thought leadership content and integrated marketing campaigns to drive product awareness, adoption and conversion
- Influence the product roadmap based on customer feedback and competitive analysis
- Product and Industry training programs
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and maintain internal training materials and sales collateral
- Deliver product and industry training to client facing teams and partners for Verity
- Support media and analyst relations, and speaking engagement efforts — including speaker presentations, scripts and panel topic discussions, and routine, ongoing analyst updates
- Marketing Materials for our sales organization
- Develop compelling messaging and positioning for products that translate to one-sheets, decks, FAQs, and more
- Support and enable our sales team to win more (product-driven sales plays, internal product trainings, etc)
- Contribute to monthly newsletters on content distribution
- Develop tailored product offering materials for key industry verticals and seasonal events
- Develop case studies from successful campaigns and ensure that they are updated on a regular basis
- Support product marketing requests across multiple departments
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Pragmatic Marketing certified (Levels I-III) a plus
- 5+ years of product marketing, or management consulting experience in advertising analytics, preferably at a high-growth SaaS company or tech/media company (previous experience in market facing roles is a plus).
- Experience building and executing marketing and go-to-market plans and campaigns
- Experience working with or at DSPs/DMPs
- A highly developed Project Management capability that relies on well executed organization and relies on a strong influencing ability
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent storyteller; knowledge of how to build a story and produce great content
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written, naturally curious, asks great questions
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Strong ability to think critically about interdependencies between product and go-to-market strategy
- Proven success creating compelling product messaging and stories that have driven business results in the past
- Strong technical/product acumen, able to translate complicated concepts and capabilities in a simple, clear, and concise manner
- Ability to influence and motivate colleagues across a distributed and cross-functional team setup
- The ability to execute and deliver engaging, educational presentations
- An eye for detail
- Recognized self-starter, who takes initiative, capable of flourishing in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Charismatic, innovative, creative individual
- Preferred but not required: Experience with Highspot, Quantcast, Salesforce, Looker, Asana
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Vision Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Dental Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Paid Parental Leave - Birth parents can receive up to 16-18 weeks for birth recovery and baby bonding. Non-birth parents can receive up to 10 weeks for baby bonding
- Transitional Return-to-Work Schedule
- Modern Family Support: Cleo App
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- WFH Stipend
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Time Off
- Veterinary Discounts
- WeWork Monthly Pass
- Pet friendly organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
- Anniversary recognition and awards
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Optional return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired JustPremium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. JustPremium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum