Senior Product Marketing Manager (Competitive Intelligence) at GitLab (Remote)
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Product Marketing Managers at GitLab have a unique opportunity to contribute to our mission: To change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, consumers become contributors, and we greatly increase the rate of human progress.
Product Marketing Managers at GitLab help tell the story about the value of how GitLab helps to unlock the potential of sharing and contribution. As a Product Marketing Manager, you understand our customers, our community, and the challenges they face. You write about their story and help them understand how GitLab can help them become the heroes they really are.
As a Competitive Intelligence Product Marketer, you will work closely with a wide range of cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing, Sales) to turn competitive insights into actionable advantages for GitLab’s go-to-market motion. To achieve this ambition, you will organize and distill competitive intelligence, educate our teams, and create specific competitive playbooks and content that increase our share of the market.
We work in a unique way at GitLab, where flexibility meets a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open. We recommend looking at our product marketing handbook to get started!What you'll do in this role
- Develop, organize, and maintain a competitive information repository, both internal and external facing.
- Partner with our Product team to ensure a single source of truth across GitLab that surfaces product strengths, weaknesses, and differentiators.
- Collaborate with Sales to enable all teams to confidently and proactively pitch GitLab in competitive situations.
- Develop competitive playbooks (discovery, positioning, messaging, objection handling, scripts, battle-cards, ROI tools, etc.) with respect to specific markets or competitors to drive GTM campaigns.
- Ensure accuracy and maintain competitive landscape content including website pages, presentations, demos, and other assets.
- Translate competitive developments into meaningful ‘so-what’ and ‘why’ insights for GitLab’s GTM strategy.
- Develop specific playbooks iteratively that guide our Sales and Channel teams on how to compete in specific stages.
- Drive deep competitor analysis including product strategy research, customer research, and technical research.
- Train and enable sales and partner teams on a technical level to deeply understand competitor features and capabilities vs GitLabs.
- Develop and represent GitLab across demos, webinars, and videos across a range of decision-maker audiences.
- Leverage technical insight about GitLab products and competitor products to influence the overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Experience developing competitive collateral (e.g. playbooks, content, decks, demos, webinars, videos, battle cards, ROI tools, etc.) and collaborating with GTM teams (Marketing & Sales) on competitive response situations is a plus.
- Prior experience in Product Development or Software Engineering & Architecture is a plus.
- Prior experience in Solution Architecture & Engineering or Technical Account Management is a plus.
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, evaluating, and analyzing competitive and complementary technologies to compare and differentiate them.
- Understand market dynamics, the competition, and customer needs of the enterprise application development and delivery space.
- Understand enterprise buyer and user personas tasked with developer, security, and operations tools and solutions and how to market to them.
- Ability to move iteratively with speed and urgency.
- Written and verbal communication fit to engage customers, analysts, and influencers.
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Compensation Calculator
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.