Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
The Opendoor Marketing team is seeking an experienced Senior Consumer Marketing Manager to lead our marketing strategy focused on the Buyer audience. This role is a hybrid of strategy, brand marketing and product marketing. The ideal candidate is a consumer-centric marketing athlete with a strong Product Marketing background and a proven track record of developing and delivering on creative go-to-market strategies. You’ll work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment to bring the Opendoor experience to life for the consumer.
The ideal candidate has experience deeply understanding customer needs and responding to them through competitive positioning, go-to-market strategies and campaign tactics that drive demand, conversion and retention.
This role sits within a team of experienced leaders across product marketing, brand marketing and demand generation. You’ll interface directly with our product and growth teams, and will have a clear, measurable impact on the business, playing a material role in the development of the team as we scale. In turn, we’re looking for dynamic team players who can wear multiple hats, and aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- As a Senior Consumer Marketing Manager, you will:
- Lead all go-to-market planning activities including insights, concept testing, channel strategy, launch planning and analysis.
- Defining positioning and messaging for new products, features and audiences. Partnering closely with brand design, UX design and copywriters to ensure end-to-end positioning is consistent across product and marketing.
- Partner with product and growth leadership to define, develop and test new products and features.
- Develop, scope and optimize growth initiatives that increase conversion, attach and closing metrics for buyers.
- Synthesize insights, business needs and competitive landscape to develop campaigns in partnership with product, design and performance marketing teams.
- Own strategy for creative development and optimizations across marketing surface areas, such as paid marketing, landing pages, email and sales collateral.
- Work closely with Ops and training teams to arm them with messaging, product-specific collateral and consumer insights.
- Minimum 5 years of product marketing experience
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills: Written, verbal, and visual
- Strong analytical skills, experience with setting up A/B tests; knowledge of SQL a plus (but not required)
- Demonstrated capabilities executing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative customer research and effectively identifying and interpreting key findings
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with product, PR, design, and customer service teams
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch
- Positive attitude, can-do mentality
- Knack for balancing multiple projects at the same time
- Self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description