Senior PR Manager at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about sharing our message.
As Senior PR Manager at DigitalOcean reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, you’ll play a major role in supporting all external communications efforts across the company—from working with spokespeople on media opportunities to driving thought leadership for the organization.
This individual contributor role requires experience in technology PR, communications, and writing, ideally for a developer audience. You must have a passion for storytelling and be able to talk about technology intelligently and enthusiastically to all levels of a tech company—from a CTO, to an architect, to a developer, and to a startup or small to medium-sized business (SMB). Passion, curiosity, and excellent communication skills are required.What You'll Be Doing:
- Own and drive external communications plan: Elevate DigitalOcean’s brand through development and execution to drive overall brand awareness, maximize product launches, deepen executive thought leadership through speaking, awards, bylines and increase overall coverage for DigitalOcean.
- Support PR activity across multiple regions: Help shape our external narrative around launches, proactive thought leadership and company news. Coordinate efforts across our U.S. and regional PR teams.
- Agency Management: Manage our PR agency teams and drive the execution for media opportunities, customer stories and more.
- Draft and review content for external comms: Spanning press releases, bylined articles, speaker abstracts, award submissions, as well as customer and product-related communications.
- Work across multiple teams: From product and marketing to social and support, you’ll be a key resource for all communications activity across the organization.
- 8+ years experience with a combination of both in-house and agency PR experience
- Experience managing a PR agency
- Experience at a public company
- Technical background with the ability to engage with software developers—previous SaaS experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, process-driven and extremely organized with an ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear and concise terms
- Should be a self-starter—highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise IT requirements and cloud offerings available in the market
- Highly collaborative and able to work across multiple teams and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Metrics-oriented with the ability to map the impact of your work to business goals
- Ability to travel as needed
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!