Senior Marketing Writer (Remote) at Swing Education
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. Our online platform makes it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work associated with managing a pool of substitute teachers (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.). Our network provides subs with a wider range of work opportunities to gain experience and build their professional network.
After more than 6 years in operation we are working with over 4000 schools in 7 states and have filled over 300k teacher absence days. We're a post-series B company with about 50 employees currently and our lead investors include GV (aka Google Ventures), Owl Ventures, and Social Capital. We also have a strong commitment to diversity and our employees are 60% people of color (30% underrepresented minorities) and over 50% female. Our board of directors is also 75% female and 75% people of color.
We’re a diverse and inclusive team. We find it easy to get up in the morning and work for teachers, schools, and students.
The Senior Marketing Writer will be an integral part of the Content Marketing Team. You will be the lead producer of marketing content—ranging from blog posts and eBooks to explainer videos and newsletters. The role will be a steward of the updated brand identity and will shape how that identity sounds across multiple marketing channels. An ideal candidate for this position will be able to craft compelling narratives for diverse personas in the education space. The Senior Marketing Writer will report to the Director of Content Marketing and partner to bring Swing’s content marketing strategy to life.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Crafts high-quality, meaningful content for substitute teachers and school and district leaders
- Conducts supplemental research to inform content development, including tracking of education industry and trends and timely topics
- Develops and applies tone of voice standards to content, and supports other team members in aligning content to the brand identity
- Edits various content, written by others, for clarity, accuracy, tone, grammar, and impact
- Brainstorms and develops ideas for new content in line with Swing’s content strategy, annual content plan, and acquisition goals
- Leverages audience insights and market research to optimize content performance
- Acts as a key stakeholder and driver of the creative development process, including contributing to design briefs, reviews, and feedback
- Manages multiples concurrent content projects and delivers them on deadline
- 6+ years content marketing writing experience
- Possesses excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills
- A strong storyteller with the ability to craft compelling narratives through a variety of mediums
- Expert at multitasking and managing your time autonomously and efficiently
- Able to work under a deadline and prioritize ruthlessly
- Have a background or degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or another related field
- Familiarity with writing for education audiences is a must
- Early stage startup experience is a plus
Salary is commensurate on experience and is adjusted for cost of living standards dependent on position location. Swing Education offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following perks:
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Stock options
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture