ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We are looking for a technically-savvy, process-focused, detail-oriented Senior Marketing Operations Associate who has a passion for collaboration and excellent communication skills. This role is an integral member of the Marketing Operations team that enables and empowers the Marketing team and helps drive the marketing technology strategy that creates amazing customer experiences.
You will work cross functionally with partners across all departments at ezCater and within marketing to help assure that we get the most out of the systems and technology our teams rely on to be successful. On a given day, you might build or advise on the technical setup of a complex customer journey with engagement touchpoints across multiple channels, fix a Google Tag Manager issue affecting page tracking on our blog, or QA a new audience segment and email with dynamic content that is ready to launch.
If you are excited to learn new systems, develop helpful and lightweight processes and continue to develop and support a best-in-class marketing technology stack, then we’d love to speak with you.
- Come in ready to learn. You will become an expert on ezCater’s marketing systems (marketing automation, journey orchestration, CRM, Adtech, Data Warehouse, project management/collaboration, CMS, BI, etc.) and become a marketing technology and operations wizard (if you aren’t one already).
- Be an administrator of critical tools within our stack, including Wordpress CMS. You’ll optimize for productivity and efficiency, maintain user roles and profiles, audit, uncover and resolve data integrity issues, and maintain vendor relationships.
- Create, maintain, and deliver training for marketing technologies in our stack including communication and rollout of system updates and best practices.
- Identify and partner with Marketing Ops team members to execute improvements to enhance productivity, efficiency and enablement for the Marketing team.
- Learn and use Google Analytics, Tableau, and other systems to support basic reporting on campaign performance.
- Become proficient in HTML/CSS, Handlebars, SQL, and other languages (if you aren’t already).
- 1-3 years of technical marketing, and/or marketing operations experience.
- An incredible eye for detail and a love of process and organization.
- A passion for coordinating between multiple departments and maintaining relationships.
- An ability to distill complex ideas and data into easy-to-absorb information for a non-technical audience as well as understand business needs and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with marketing technology tools and the desire to become an expert. Experience using or administering a content management system, marketing automation platform, or email service provider is a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinker who can identify gaps, research solutions, implement plans, and assess performance.
- Be passionate about growth – within our culture of humane behaviors and sane working hours.
- Be a team player that works exceptionally well cross functionally and with external resources (agencies, vendors, platform providers, etc).
Starting Salary: $67,000 -$85,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.