Senior Marketing Director, Duolingo English Test (Pittsburgh, PA)
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test is an alternative to traditional high-stakes testing — through a Duolingo-style experience: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test in place of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. We are now accepted by 4,000+ higher education institutions worldwide. Using AI and remote proctoring, we enable students to take the test online, on-demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a strategic, resourceful, and analytical leader responsible for the Duolingo English Test's marketing function and strategy to help grow our business globally.
- Lead our marketing strategy and support our go-to-market strategy to increase adoption by all stakeholders.
- Be responsible for DET’s marketing function, budget, market research, communications, advertising, and public relations
- Grow brand awareness and indirectly drive revenue growth through marketing activities
- Identify brand growth opportunities by understanding regional-specific audiences, the competitive landscape, consumer trends, and market data
- Ensure a consistent brand across territories and consumer touchpoints
- Build and track country-specific marketing metrics
- Develop the structure of DET’s marketing team
- Coordinate DET’s marketing efforts with the company’s financial and branding goals
- Travel to international markets to coordinate our marketing operations and help drive campaign and business objectives
- 10+ years of consumer marketing experience across multiple dimensions - brand, performance, strategy, and analytics
- Experience managing a remote team, building strong HQ relationships, and effectively upscaling teams
- Experience living and working outside of the US
- Proficient in a second language
- Willingness to engage with partners in time zones around the globe
- Ability to travel internationally frequently
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Passion for our mission to make high-quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience with assessment products and startups
- Fluency in Mandarin
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo requires all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.