Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics excite you? Using your business instincts and creativity, you will support a market-leading product with nuanced analysis, actionable insights, and strong recommendations.
We're growing quickly, so you'll need to help define, implement, and scale the systems and processes for sustainable growth across the marketing organization. If you love finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong, this could be a great fit!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Use data to make sense of complex buyer journeys. Analyze how customers navigate our marketing websites and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Report on KPIs for www.atlassian.com . Research and explain trends and their impact on the success of the overall business.
- Apply advanced statistical techniques and causal inference methods to design and analyze web experimentations (i.e. A/B testing, quasi-experimentation, statistical tests, Bayesian experimentation, etc.).
- Contribute to experimentation best practices and standards across marketing.
- Ensure a high standard for web tracking and data collection/quality.
- Collaborate with engineers, marketers & senior leadership to bring data to the forefront of business decisions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics
- 2-3 years of experience in e-commerce, web analytics, buyer journeys
- Deep understanding of statistical techniques for experimentation
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- A strong intuition for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities while maintaining the highest standard of work and attention to detail
- Experience collaborating with senior management and translating insights into decisions and actions
- Comfort operating in ambiguous, fast-changing environments
- Proficiency in at least one analytics & visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, Plotly, etc.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methods as needed
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working with international teams
- An understanding of Enterprise SAAS metrics and measurement techniques (MQLs, SQLs, Lead Scoring)
- Experience with scripting and analysis languages (Python, R)
- Experience with Git
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, mathematics, or computer science
More about our team
Atlassian is over a decade old, but the Marketing Analytics team is much younger. We blaze new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. We're self-proclaimed unicorns that are able to distill highly complex analytical terminology and concepts into easily consumable language, and we interface directly with marketing teams to transmit that knowledge effectively. We've been described as scrappy, but thorough, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables moving fast while still ensuring quality deliverables. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.