Do you love examining complex data and turning it into useful information and insights? Do you love finding the next big 'aha' insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the world's hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Marketing Data Science team. We're seeking someone with strong business instincts and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter data decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
You'll be responsible for understanding and optimizing critical moments in our product buyer journey. You'll do this by developing relationships with analytics and go-to-market specialists to understand the business and coaching a team of data-savvy analysts to develop insights and recommendations. Atlassian is a fast-paced, work environment and there are plentiful chances to create impact in this role.
In this role, you'll get to
- Drive analysis that defines our product funnel from marketing to sales and provides insights into performance and business outcomes
- Apply various data science methods to understand the most important aspects of our product go-to-market experience and buyer journey
- Use your knowledge of multiple products and initiatives to meaningfully contribute to a shared Marketing Analytics Roadmap
- Manage and coach a growing team of 5+ analysts in solving a variety of business problems
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- A U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
- Experience managing teams of 3+ analysts and are keen to develop coaching skills
- Excellent judgment and sharp business instincts to prioritize competing asks
- Familiarity with a broad set of topics and subject areas within marketing analytics (e.g. campaign attribution/effectiveness, web tracking, customer lifecycle marketing)
- Experience writing advanced SQL with a preference for well-architected data models, optimized query performance, and clearly documented code
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R) as well as a visualization & business intelligence platform (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Mode)
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience working in a global environment with remote teams
- Experience within B2B marketing, growth, or sales analytics working with a field sales team
- Experience across a broad set of statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models
- Experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling and building data pipelines
- Experience with operational tools and systems such as Marketo, Salesforce, or Segment
More about our team
The Marketing Analytics team has spent many years blazing new trails to enable Atlassian's most important growth decisions. We are constantly growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. We connect the dots from highly complex data to how our go-to-market teams can create impact effectively with that knowledge. We are thorough and dedicated to an agile methodology that enables timely decisions, while still ensuring quality work. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. For us, it is all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way, at the right time, to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.