Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 4,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
At Motive, we are driven by insights. The marketing analytics team is responsible for providing the data, measurement methodology, insights and self-serve tools to enable the marketing team to deliver business impact. You will partner cross functionally with our data platform, marketing operations, paid media, organic growth, sales and web teams to deliver insights that drive action. In this role, you will analyze data to shape acquisition strategy, uncover opportunities for business growth, and communicate recommendations at all levels of the organization. You will address complex, interesting, and impactful questions that help Motive better understand the dynamics that drive our business.
This role is remote and based in the US.
As a bonus, you’ll be able to embed yourself deep in the world of the physical economy and help understand the forces that govern it.
What You’ll Do:
- Create data products that address the needs of business partners and stakeholders across the organization, including in marketing, sales and finance
- Conduct advanced analysis and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Help track the performance of marketing programs, including defining and measuring KPIs like CAC, LTV, ROAS, marketing-influenced pipeline, conversion rate etc.
- Translate insights into meaningful business recommendations. Support acquisition initiatives like lead scoring, nurturing, triggering, and experimentation.
- Deeply understand our business and our marketing opportunities and turn them into quantitative problems we can solve.
- Leverage our data warehouse and information from a variety of sources including Marketo, Salesforce, web analytics, product data, third-party data, media data, etc.
- Don’t just run the numbers; interpret what they mean and communicate them clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences to influence how we operate.
- Partner with our BI team to define requirements for data assets and data-driven solutions that improve accuracy and efficiency and drive optimal decision-making
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience with advanced analytics of any type
- 2+ years of experience with marketing measurement and analytics
- Comfortable working in advanced SQL
- Proficient in data visualization / dashboarding tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or similar field, focused experience or education in areas like analytics, consulting, data science, and statistics.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to create, work and summarize large data sets into clear insights that inform decisions.
- Experience with marketing, revenue or go-to-market analytics such as attribution models, forecasting, pipeline analytics, conversion rate diagnostics, retention, cross sell and upsell analytics, experimentation and optimization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, demonstrated experience briefing senior leaders on outcomes & recommendations, and an interest in teaching others
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.