Senior Manager, Media Relations at Dentsu (Philadelphia, PA)
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsu mcgarrybowen, Isobar, iProspect and Merkle.
Dentsu’s marketing communications team is responsible for building brand reputation, storytelling through content creation and experiences. We interact daily with a wide range of stakeholders including products, sales, strategy, client development, partners and media outlets.Job Description
The Senior Manager, Media Relations will be responsible for defining and executing a brand-building strategy across media relations, awards, crisis communications and executive communications.
In this role, you will:
· Conceptualize and execute an external communications strategy that successfully drives our messaging and up-levels our brand profile
· Develop and drive consistent and compelling storytelling that leverages our key executives, capabilities, and clients to prominently drive awareness and demand among prospects.
· Develop and nurture press relationships for media opportunities. Produce assets including news releases, award nominations, events, and other supporting materials.
· Serve as a key advisor to senior executives when identifying and managing trade/industry events, sponsorships and speaking engagements.
· Contribute to marketing and business development by identifying, developing, and conveying paid, owned and earned thought leadership.Qualifications
We are looking for an organized, motivated, detail-oriented individual to assist with a variety of earned media opportunities. Our candidate will have an unshakeable positive demeanor, impeccable organizational skills, and the ability to remain flexible. We are a collaborative team of communicators, and you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, and should share our dedication to openness, transparency, and execution.
· B.A. in Communications, Marketing or related field
· 5+ years of experience using strategic communications and public relations to create a differentiated brand (preferably in advertising)
· Proven ability to create and utilize strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results; experience working with journalists at key outlets across print, broadcast and online channels
· Strong budget management and project management skills
· Excellent writing skills and ability to create strategic content (case studies, award submissions, etc.) with speed
Our team is flexible, fun, and committed to getting stuff done. If that sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.#LI-DL1