Senior Manager, Internal Communications at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
As the Senior Manager, Internal Communications, you’ll drive communication strategies that will educate, engage and inspire employees across all levels of the organization. In this highly collaborative role, you’ll work closely with our people, HR, executive and content teams to implement effective strategic communication plans that connect back to the broader company strategy. This work is critical as Calm continues as a remote-first company.
The candidate has a strong work ethic, with a proven track record of successful employee engagement and internal communications strategies. They have a passion for the employee experience and building a strong employer brand through thoughtful communication. They are proactive and resourceful by nature, willing to work across teams to shape our internal brand narrative.
- Develop and execute internal communication initiatives in partnership with the People and HR teams from inception through launch.
- Provide proactive and reactive employee messaging that supports key business initiatives and program rollouts.
- Serve as strategic counsel to executive leadership on internal communication best practices.
- Create clear processes for teams to follow that allows the internal comms function to scale.
- Support in managing reactive communications and internal issues management in partnership with our Chief People Officer and broader people team.
- Track and manage progress with employee engagement initiatives and events inclusive of: All Hands meetings, Office Hours, etc.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar for internal communication channels including: full team emails, newsletters, Slack, etc.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years experience with a focus on internal communications and employee engagement.
- Experience with executive communications and message development.
- Strong written communications with extremely strong attention to detail. You’re an excellent communicator and storyteller.
- Perspective ability, able to provide recommendations with supporting rationale to drive internal alignment
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and a variety of external partners
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.