Senior Manager, Content Marketing at DAT Freight & Analytics (Portland, OR)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 45 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is headquartered in Denver, CO. We have a second campus in the Portland, OR area, where we got our start four decades ago, and we have additional offices in Springfield, MO and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
The OpportunityDAT is looking for a Senior Manager of Content Marketing with experience leading a team to drive multi-channel inbound marketing strategies, including SEO, social media, thought leadership and overall content marketing. This role will join our growing Digital Marketing Team.
As a Senior Manager of Content Marketing, you’ll be responsible for planning, executing, managing and promoting effective inbound marketing strategies for search engines, social platforms and other channels, working closely with internal stakeholders and campaign owners to serve industry-leading content and customer experiences online.
- Strong understanding of inbound marketing strategies, and utilizing SEO and content marketing to drive campaign success.
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization and social media best practices.
- Ability to lead a team, working very closely with Creative Services and other marketing teams, as well as third party content agencies.
- Experience working with stakeholders to plan, promote, analyze and optimize industry-leading content to drive traffic, leads, and revenue.
- Strong analytical skills, able to identify KPIs for a project, track and report on results.
- Proven experience increasing traffic and converting customers via inbound marketing.
- Proven ability to manage the content creation process where the output must be 100% relevant and very specific to our industry.
- Strong time and project management skills, able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to research and tackle new challenges.
- Copywriting management experience with an ability to delicately incorporate keywords into existing content, without compromising user experience or brand voice.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute multi-channel inbound marketing strategies that align with overall business, marketing, and campaign objectives.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and agencies to plan, create, promote, and report on performance of campaign, SEO, social and other content marketing efforts.
- Manage a content marketing, SEO, and social budget efficiently.
- Develop a tech stack of tools to support SEO optimization, social media management, content repurposing, AI enablement, reporting and more.
- Conduct research and identify opportunities for content strategies that align with our target audiences and customer personas, stay up to date on trucking-related industry trends.
- Create and manage a calendar related to content marketing efforts.
- Review performance metrics for new and existing web pages and suggest improvements to drive more traffic, improve customer experiences, and increase conversion rates.
- Use marketing channels to distribute and promote content and engage with potential customers.
- Manage technical SEO architecture to assure best practices are followed and new content is distributed appropriately.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 5+ years experience content marketing or inbound marketing management.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience in collaborating with SMEs and Creative teams to deliver expert content.
- Deep knowledge of content marketing strategies and best practices, preferably for the trucking or logistics industry.
- Experience with social management tools and social media platforms like: Sprout Social, HootSuite, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, etc.
- Familiarity with tools like: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Moz, MixPanel, Google Looker/Data Studio, etc.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and all social media platforms.
- Ability to plan, execute and manage stakeholders for large projects with long timelines.
For Colorado-based candidates, in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $115,000 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience. DAT considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education and training, core skills, internal equity, and market and business elements when extending an offer.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) <#LI-JW1>