WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
Who we are
We are the Communications & PR team - part of the global marketing organization. We work cross-functionally with nearly every team within the organization and are passionate, hard-working, and agile, driven by a mission to inspire people to live their healthiest lives. Once you get to know us, you'll find a fun-loving, collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
What you will do
This role, reporting into the Head of Global Communications & PR, is an individual contributor, responsible for supporting all consumer PR strategy and activation, specifically focused on generating consumer media and brand storytelling to effectively drive positive buzz. This role will help change perception, educate consumers on our unique offerings, drive brand reappraisal, and create new pathways for relevance within the ever-changing industry and media landscape.
Key objective of the role: In partnership with the Head of Global Communications & PR, organize and implement a robust consumer-focused PR strategy that maintains a steady drumbeat of buzz, ensuring the WeightWatchers portfolio of solutions is capturing media share of voice in a way that supports our greater business goals and objectives - hitting the right audiences at the right moments.
Work closely with both the International Communications & PR Lead and Corporate Communications Lead, alongside cross functional teams and leadership to amplify key spokespeople, including our science and medical subject matter experts, Coaches, members and influencers.
- Establish and maintain key media relationships across consumer press including lifestyle and healthcare and more.
- Proactively generate story angles and pitches to support our cross-functional brand efforts and brainstorm ways to tap into culturally and socially relevant moments to generate ongoing news engine.
- Manage all inbound consumer media opportunities by providing sound recommendations and ensuring control of the narrative, if worth pursuing.
- Provide support across the team, in partnership with Senior Manager, Corporate Communications on crisis communications best practices, and manage real-time situations alongside media monitoring and sentiment as related to particular crises.
- Continuously update the external consumer narratives, managing the broader messaging house alongside our lead, international communications to support a global lens.
- Develop briefing materials, key narratives, talking points and tough FAQs to support executives for interviews, and speaking engagements.
- Write press releases and manage the process of approvals internally and externally as well as press approaches and distribution.
- Lead meetings in relation to consumer PR activity and strategic plans for specific initiatives or workstreams.
- Provide event and interview recaps and share notable/secured press coverage in real time with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate strategic reporting to ensure internal stakeholder visibility, clarity, understanding and importance of the global communications function.
- Collaborate and work closely with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally including the internal communications lead as part of the broader people team, product and tech teams, social impact, brand (influencer/social) customer care, member communications, B2B (Health Solutions), partnerships, legal, IR and more.
Who you are
- 7+ years of consumer-focused external communications experience (PR, media, marketing or related field).
- Experience and relationships with consumer press with an emphasis on wellness/healthcare beats nationally and locally.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, editing and presentation skills.
- High degree of professionalism and organization alongside experience collaborating with and influencing a variety of executives, senior leaders and media professionals.
- Understanding of business priorities and how to storytell around strategic pillars to amplify brand messages in a unique and thoughtful manner.
- Team player with a willingness to take on big tasks, get your hands dirty and see through high-visibility, ambiguous projects, no matter what it takes.
- Adaptable and flexible (with working hours, travel as needed and getting things done), in support of business need and team collaboration and deadlines.
- Resourceful and proactive - always looks for solutions and information to find the best path forward in order to resolve conflicts and break barriers.
- A proven and demonstrated ability to lead work groups independently, follow through on commitments, effectively execute - independently or as a part of a team - and meet deadlines in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create, lead and execute complex communications strategies, plans and campaigns with ease.
- Commitment to fostering a culture of collaboration and belonging; demonstrated experience in building relationships, integrating strategies and connecting the dots with large complex organizations.
- Ability to handle high-level confidential matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Committed to quality, while being able to prioritize and seamlessly pivot and excel in a dynamic and evolving leading-edge organization.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, Canva, PRNewswire, MuckRack and other leading platforms.
Base salary may vary depending on, but not limited to: skills, experience, and location.
Base Salary $ 120,000/yr to 140,000/yr
At WW, it is our priority to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed as individuals, as an organization, and as fellow humans, to advocate for and support our employees, our members, and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.