Senior Manager, Change Management Strategist & Communications Lead at Capital One (Washington DC)
Senior Manager, Change Management Strategist & Communications Lead
As a Change Management Strategist & Communications Lead, you will be a part of a talented team who brings the organizational strategy to life in our Chief of Staff & Associate Experience Tech (COS & AXT) division. You will be responsible for leading change management and building advocates for many initiatives that COS & AXT is driving. We are looking for someone who can consult and drive efforts across multiple groups, who is obsessed with inspiring change through innovative experiences, content, and storytelling.
Our ideal teammate has experience in:
- Working closely with leadership to build out, manage, and execute strategic, creative campaigns through editorial, video, and graphic content
- Collaborating with teams across the enterprise to build engaging and compelling content and experiences
- Building relationships within technology, communications, and change communities of practice
- Traditional marketing channels, communications tactics, change management practices, and social media
- Leveraging measurement plans and data to formulate and flex change strategies and campaigns
- Build and execute strategic change management plans including executive-level communications (written & verbal), associate experiences, recognition programs, etc.
- Lead with the customer and translate needs into thoughtful strategy
- Write, proofread, and edit communications needed to support strategic plans
- Deliver engaging content and experiences that brings COS & AXT strategy to life and raises associate engagement and advocacy
- Effectively leverage a suite of communication channels - like email, Slack, video, internal social platforms - while innovating on new channel opportunities
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams to advance the team and leadership's change strategy and implement a range of creative solutions to reach key target audiences
- Understand the intent of Product Owners to effectively consult and develop change management plans
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Experience developing and executing successful change strategies including executive-level leader communications support and setting metrics to measure campaign success
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex, subject matter in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Experience with Product and how to create a Product roadmap
- Expertise in relationship building with proven ability to work effectively with multiple customers, including peers, executive leaders, and senior management
- Ability to flip back and forth from strategy to tactics quickly
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Strong presentation skills and engaging professional presence
- Ability to translate technical information to non technical audiences
- Ability to work as part of a team, in an open and collaborative environment, and stay calm under intense pressure to manage rapidly changing priorities
- Easily adapts to change and takes on a growth mindset approach
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in one or more of the following: corporate communications, multi-channel marketing, internal business communications, or leading organizational change and communication projects
- Master's in Marketing or Communications or an MBA
- At least 7 years of experience in planning, execution, and analysis of marketing or communication programs
- At least 4 years of experience working with a technology-oriented company
- At least 2 years of experience translating technical product concepts into non-technical materials
- At least 2 years of experience with cutting-edge digital media tools
- At least 2 years of experience working in an environment that leverages Agile principles to organize and drive work
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong judgment, influence, leadership, and integrity
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).