Senior Manager, Brand Media at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a seasoned brand marketer to lead media strategy for our brand and traditional channels. As Senior Manager, Brand Media, you’ll be responsible for building and leading a team of brand media managers and agency partners to execute on media strategies designed to drive awareness of Coinbase’s product lines across geographies. The right candidate should have deep experience building and executing on integrated media plans spanning digital and offline channels.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Own strategy for Coinbase’s brand media program, deploying $100M’s annually to drive awareness for Coinbase’s product lines across active geographies
- Build and lead team responsible for execution across media channel mix and own key media agency relationships
- Develop understanding of customer mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors; translate those insights into media strategies
- Collaborate with Brand marketing team on overall media strategy and creative direction, ensuring there’s a through-line between brand creative and media touchpoints across traditional and digital channels
- Partner with Data team to define KPIs and set roadmap for evolving our measurement capabilities including marketing mix modeling
- Partner with Product team to scope and build bespoke marketing technology for brand media channels
- Work with Head of Partnerships to vet opportunities to amplify partnerships through brand and traditional media
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 10+ years of prior brand media experience as well as 4+ years of management experience
- Experience managing brand marketing across multiple channels, including TV, out of home, print, digital, and experience working with partnerships team to amplify high-impact opportunities
- Experience working on innovative media partnerships and product integrations
- Deep understanding of the marketing funnel and capable of developing media strategies that impact different points in the funnel
- Experience working across product, engineering, and data science teams to advance marketing technology and measurement capabilities
- Highly proficient in applying data to decision making and working familiarity with Looker, Tableau, or other BI / reporting tools
- Understanding of key attribution and measurement tools spanning both digital and traditional media - Data+Math, LiveRamp, AppsFlyer, CDPs, etc
Nice to haves:
- SQL experience
- Blend of agency and in-house experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.