Senior Life Sciences SEO Specialist, Pharma Services at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Philadelphia, PA)
Senior Life Sciences SEO Specialist, Pharma Services
Location: This position can be remote on the East Coast of the US
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them.
We are looking for a passionate digital marketer with a related industry background to join our Global Pharma Services Group (PSG) Marketing team. You will partner with our market development leaders, scientific subject matter experts, content strategists and digital team members to strategize, implement and optimize Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns in support of Patheon CDMO pharma services. To be successful in this position, you should be a smart data-driven storyteller who can digest complex scientific subject matter and help us drive customer engagement by strategizing and executing effective SEO strategies to increase online visibility, generate more organic leads, and stay relevant in our industry.
What will you do:
- Serve as SEO subject matter expert and implement SEO for our Pharma Services business, working closely with market development, content, and digital team members to instill SEO best practices, update processes, and improve communication.
- Apply your scientific knowledge and expertise to developing global SEO campaigns.
- Ensure that content is optimized for our target audiences, whilst conforming to best SEO practices.
- Understand and improve scientific content focused on subjects such as large and small molecules, cell & gene therapy, clinical trials etc.
- Collaborate with market development leaders and content strategists to assess page objectives, perform SEO keywords research, develop SEO meta data, optimize content and apply other SEO best practices.
- Influence internal business partners to prioritize the SEO activities with the greatest potential to meet our targets
- Partner with corporate teams to optimize the customer experience and quality of results of our internal website search functionality.
- Track and report on overall SEO performance and the success of specific initiatives
- Stay up to date on industry trends and keep the internal team informed of risks and opportunities that will impact the SEO program
- Provide ongoing competitive and market opportunity analyses as they relate to search intent, competitor niche saturation, backlink profiles, and SERP anomalies
- Establish strong partnership with the Paid Search team to maximize SERP coverage and maximize profitability for the business.
- Assist with management of agency relationships for Asia-Pacific region and advise our Asia-Pacific Market development managers on SEO best practices.
How will you get here:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a Life Science discipline, such as biology, pharmacy, chemistry, biochemistry, structural biology, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, preferably in the CDMO, Pharma, or Biotech industries.
- Strong content writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven SEO experience using tools such as Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster tools, Conductor, SEMrush, or other SEO platforms.
- Knowledge of on-page SEO, technical SEO, and search engine ranking factors.
- SEO experience within B2B Biopharma or Life Sciences industry preferred.
- Hands-on experience using data visualization and analytics tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, and/or Hotjar.
- Experience with Adobe products such as Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, or Adobe Ad Cloud Search is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to draw conclusions from data and make impactful recommendations.
- Ability to build relationships, influence others, and work effectively with colleagues across multiple locations.
- Strong time management, planning, and prioritization skills
- Standout colleague with a positive demeanor
- Organized, attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.