Do you want to be part of an incredible growth company - a chance to be a strategist and also do hands-on work that makes an impact on our culture and employees? Atlassian is looking for a senior communications manager to craft and cultivate the stories we share with our employees. You'll be an essential communications partner to our People Team, helping them clearly articulate our Sustainability and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts to employees. You will be on the global communications team and report to the Head of Internal Communications while partnering with the Director of Internal Communications, People Team.
You're looking for a challenge - the opportunity to nurture the employee community at one of the leading tech brands in the world. You have a knack for developing comprehensive narratives that will help us attract, retain and grow the Atlassian TEAM. You'll always find ways to improve communications and are comfortable proposing new ideas. In addition, you'll use our many communication channels to ensure you can reach the largest number of Atlassians possible. You're excited to measure the impact of your programs so that we are always on a path of continuous improvement.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Build Sustainability and DEI communications strategies to influence, educate, and inform employees across all geos.
- Be a strategic and tactical partner, especially for complicated and sensitive communications affecting the whole company.
- Play a key role in internal content creation and help amplify communications from the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) organization, primarily focused on DEI.
- Establish operating rhythm with the Sustainability and DEI teams to ensure projects and priorities are effectively communicated and measured.
- Guide storytelling efforts for Sustainability and DEI projects, developing compelling campaigns and content to support global initiatives.
- Craft, ghostwrite and edit blog posts, presentations, narratives, speaking points, and playbooks.
- Lead global launches, events and other internal activities, with a keen understanding of cultural nuances.
- Manage community feedback and address online comments or questions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Have 5-7 years of experience in Sustainability and DEI programs and/or communications. We will consider transferrable skills, too.
- Experience handling communications for diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives and galvanizing teams around these programs.
- Drive alignment across teams and functions with effective comms, building understanding of the why and what for our Sustainability and DEI initiatives.
- A knack for knowing what will interest the employees and how to shape messaging for different audiences.
- Great writing skills and experience sourcing stories, plus a willingness to pilot and test new ideas.
- A curious mindset and openness to take direction and complete projects independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize high-visibility projects and juggle multiple requests with ease.
- Ability to work effectively with team members across different functions and geos.
- Have a high-energy approach and high emotional intelligence, matched with the ability to get stuff done in innovative ways.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- A history in the software industry, with insight into tech history, culture, and tech nomenclature.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.