About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Marketing Team:
The marketing team at JW Player is a small team with big ambitions. The goal of the marketing team is to build awareness and drive demand for the leading online video platform for businesses that rely on video. Our principals are: Move fast. Take calculated risks. Execute. And do more of what’s working.
The Senior Director of Product Marketing owns market research, along with a deep understanding of JW Player’s product offerings, to help define the ideal customer profile (ICP) and buying personas. Additionally the role is responsible for core product-level messaging at both an industry-level and persona-level to enable sales and other parts of the organization to sell more effectively. The role also owns the go-to-market (GTM) strategies and plans for new products and product offerings.
As a Senior Director of Product Marketing, you will:
- Leverage market research (both primary and secondary), along with a deep understanding of product capabilities, to define ideal customer profiles (ICPs) and buyer personas
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, customer success, product management, enablement, and demand generation to launch new products and enhancements and pipeline generation goals
- Partner with other marketing teams to support GTM plans and execute demand generation tactics
- Develop product-level positioning and messaging that differentiates JW Player from competitors in the market
- Serve as a thought leader, storyteller, and spokesperson to bring corporate positioning to life
- Partner closely with Product Management to help guide the product strategy and develop compelling narratives
- Cooperate with sales enablement to help them communicate the value of JW Platform and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Build product-oriented content to support sales enablement, partner enablement, the website, events, to name a few, etc.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of top product marketing talent
- Track, measure, and report against objectives
Requirements of the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field and ideally an MBA with marketing focus
- 7 - 10 years of Product Marketing experience for a SaaS or Software organization and ideally experience in the Online Video Platform or Enterprise Video Platform space.
- Proven planning and project management discipline
- Proven experience in market research (both primary and secondary) with ability to gain meaningful insights
- Solid experience at competitive intelligence and positioning
- Experienced storyteller with data
- Highly developed writing capability and ability to develop through-provoking content and thought leadership materials
- Deep understanding of all areas of marketing, sales, customer success and product management.
- Excellent leadership skills
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.