Senior Director, Marketing at Warner Bros. Discovery (Atlanta, GA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
The Sr. Marketing Director will report to the VP Creative and Marketing Strategy for CNN. This strategic thinker will work closely with the VP in the ideation, strategy and execution of all on and off-air campaigns. The candidate needs to have a strong knowledge of the media landscape including trends in print, on-air, digital, social, and experiential marketing. They will be responsible for understanding research in order to inform consumer positioning, develop strong and strategic off-air media plans, identifying strategic partnerships, managing consumer events and leading the teams behind the day/day management of these properties.
Your Role Accountabilities...
Managing major campaigns and daily operations, including ideation, writing of briefs, implementation of plans, mobilizing/leading teams quickly and effectively. Collaborate closely with media team to evaluate performance, plan strategies, and create and execute media plans. Act nimbly to innovate in all areas of media evaluation, planning, and targeting/optimization. Have a strong knowledge (and stay current) of the media landscape and how it applies to the CNN audience and campaigns. Establish close working relationships with other internal teams including programming, multi-platform, production, scheduling, research and communications. Work cross-departmentally with these teams to develop seamless successful campaigns. Working closely with research team to have a strong understanding of the CNN audience and how it applies to consumer behavior Provide thinking that challenges the status quo to develop breakthrough campaigns that drive awareness and tune-in. Inspire strategic thinking that ensures the brand continues to be bold and unique. Help to create and activate unique, strategic and effective partnerships for marketing campaigns. Strong project management skills to help keep track of creative elements, timelines and budgets. Partner with creative marketing counter parts. Manage small team in day to day responsibilities and career growth.
Your Qualifications & Experience...
- College degree, combined with 10+ years of marketing/advertising work experience in one of the following areas: broadcast or cable network marketing, advertising agency, or brand management.
- Demonstrated expertise with marketing concepts, creative development processes (working in print, outdoor, radio, TV, digital/social, collateral, and more) and impeccable project management are absolutely essential.
- Experience managing a team and budgets.
- Production management experience a plus
- Superior organizational and leadership skill.
- Direct experience in the consumer discipline, consumer promotion and entertainment industry
- Must have proven prior experience in 360 marketing.
- Knowledge of all aspects of promotions and its effective execution and measurement in current marketplace conditions.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
- Ability to formulate creative strategies, strategically assess executional options, think creatively and provide detailed follow-through on campaigns is required. Must be a highly organized, detail-conscious leader.
- Self-starter but collaborates well in a team environment
- Must also have a solid understanding of the dynamics of building partnerships for non-traditional marketing and promotion.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $113,750.00 - $211,250.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].